GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rabbit Edition GTI Availability

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
It isn't an appealing package to me.

No Kessy, no Fender Sound and no sunroof.

Those are three things that would keep me from buying, I could would not want that.

Where they did go right is the Urano Gray and Cornflower Blue colors and LED headlights.

I can wrap my car with Intense Blue and make my own. ;)

And you can buy those wheels from any VW dealer.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
And you can buy those wheels from any VW dealer.

Yep, wheels are narrow and heavy anyway. They look kind of anemic and sunken in. Needs spacers at a minimum.

Also forgot about DCC, would want that.

The Canadian market Rabbit gets DCC!

When I bought my GTI in Feb 2016 my dealer had a 6MT S, PP and LP car. It was $23k with discounts, this seems like that car.

JWTS

Ready to race!
It isn't an appealing package to me.

No Kessy, no Fender Sound and no sunroof.

Those are three things that would keep me from buying, I could would not want that.

Where they did go right is the Urano Gray and Cornflower Blue colors and LED headlights.

I can wrap my car with Intense Blue and make my own. ;)

It does have Kessy. For a lot of folks, the no sunroof is a big plus--but yeah, if you want the sunroof the Rabbit spec wouldn't work.

The spec seems pretty similar to the old Sport package. Personally, I dig it.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
No wonder that most dealers got Urano grey vehicles in their first batch. Looks like at least the colors might have limited availability based on the dates in this order guide. In Canada, Rabbits are suppose to have an unlimited run. If Urano grey and Cornflower blue production stops early this year, will they just get Black and White Rabbits for the rest of the year?

I wish VW was open about their plan on their so called limited production.

It's limited in Canada. There's only 750 I think?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
It does have Kessy. For a lot of folks, the no sunroof is a big plus--but yeah, if you want the sunroof the Rabbit spec wouldn't work.

The spec seems pretty similar to the old Sport package. Personally, I dig it.

Yeah, I tried the sunroof-less and a friend has a 2016 Golf R.

The interior is way too dark for me without it.

I don't live paycheck to paycheck so if it ever has issues, I will gladly fix it.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
From what I read it's a limited run in the US and an unlimited run in Canada. I wish I would have waited one more year before buying my 2018. The Canadian spec Rabbit (Kessy, Fender, DCC) is such good value.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Yep, wheels are narrow and heavy anyway. They look kind of anemic and sunken in. Needs spacers at a minimum.

Also forgot about DCC, would want that.

The Canadian market Rabbit gets DCC!

When I bought my GTI in Feb 2016 my dealer had a 6MT S, PP and LP car. It was $23k with discounts, this seems like that car.

Yeah given a choice now, SE with experience pack would be my choice in US. It would have been a no brainier had we had got Canadian trim Rabbits here.

As reported by a senior VW official, its not a limited run in Canada.
Source: https://www.auto123.com/en/news/2019-volkswagen-golf-gti-rabbit-canada/65082/

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Idk, I’m perfectly happy with my car, and the price I paid. The window sticker is right here at 31,125.00. I look at it as 29,168 all total. Could’ve gotten an S for less, sure, but then I’d have to put LEDs all the way around (which could result in a warranty issue), adaptive headlights, which is nice to have. Plus, you can’t get the S in the Urano Grey. As I said, did not wait the sunroof, nor the leather.

I’m perfectly happy ����

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Yeah, I tried the sunroof-less and a friend has a 2016 Golf R.

The interior is way too dark for me without it.

I don't live paycheck to paycheck so if it ever has issues, I will gladly fix it.

The problem is if you have sunroof issues is that they can't fix it. It keeps coming back even with VW throwing money at it. That's why lots of people hate sunroofs, but its a very personal preference type of decision.

How the GTI Rabbit edition comes is exactly how i would spec a GTI. Only thing missing is the 2 door option :D

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
The problem is if you have sunroof issues is that they can't fix it. It keeps coming back even with VW throwing money at it. That's why lots of people hate sunroofs, but its a very personal preference type of decision.

How the GTI Rabbit edition comes is exactly how i would spec a GTI. Only thing missing is the 2 door option :D

There is a fix, it’s been documented in a TSB.

Also don’t forget this is an echo chamber.

For every one poster that has had sunroof issues there are 20 real life people not on the forums that haven’t.

Not every one has had a Vanos rattle on their E36, not everyone has S54 spun bearings, not everyone has an IMS that blows, not everyone has an MK5 with a failed A/C.

BMAN

Go Kart Newbie
I think VW should of made a two door option with this Rabbit GTI. Sure it would of cost them to make it happen but hell we are talking about the original pocket rocket.

I would of bought one if they did. I did own the GTI Sport but it would of been much better in a two door version.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
... for 4-500 per wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many others out there that look same/similar, may weigh less, and have more desirable dimensions, ie; 8" width, lower offset etc. for less money. Nothing super special about the black Pretorias (19s were a different story) other than they were chosen for the Rabbit edition.

Bottom line, if ya like them as part of the whole Rabbit package, then ya gotta buy the rest of the car :D.