pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
Not today but last night.. installed VWR knock offs from amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Swapped DVs, cleaned it, and finally put the decals on my centercaps.

Center caps look good! I'm rocking those black traklite's for winter right now. Thinking about just keeping them on for summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AdrianNikonian

Passed Driver's Ed
Bit the bullet (it hurt a lot after spending $700 on the Unitronic stg TCU tune a while back), upgraded my Cobb AP (another $400) w/ the new license and their fairly new DSG tunes. Man oh man was it worth it, only took a drive around the block just now on D (hadn't used D in months since Uni's TCU tune sucked badly in D mode) using Cobb's "aggressive" TCU file, of course I went w/ aggressive first LOL wow.....I can finally drive around in D and reserve M for those moments when I want to be in total control. If you hate (strong word but I truly hated them) your OEM TCU or Uni's TCU for that matter, don't wait one.more.day.!!!! Of course I also purchased Ed's TCU tune (EQT), but that will be for when the Littco gets installed in mid March.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Bit the bullet (it hurt a lot after spending $700 on the Unitronic stg TCU tune a while back), upgraded my Cobb AP (another $400) w/ the new license and their fairly new DSG tunes. Man oh man was it worth it, only took a drive around the block just now on D (hadn't used D in months since Uni's TCU tune sucked badly in D mode) using Cobb's "aggressive" TCU file, of course I went w/ aggressive first LOL wow.....I can finally drive around in D and reserve M for those moments when I want to be in total control. If you hate (strong word but I truly hated them) your OEM TCU or Uni's TCU for that matter, don't wait one.more.day.!!!! Of course I also purchased Ed's TCU tune (EQT), but that will be for when the Littco gets installed in mid March.

Uni TCU is fine for me. Especially comparing D to S now.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Good luck when it rains or snows or you get in a sand storm:)

Right. This brings me to a question I had the other day when sitting in a touchless car wash. I’m running an APR intake which is essentially wide open to the great outdoors. Wondered how much water would get into the intake when the high pressure water sweeps across the front end of the car.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Right. This brings me to a question I had the other day when sitting in a touchless car wash. I’m running an APR intake which is essentially wide open to the great outdoors. Wondered how much water would get into the intake when the high pressure water sweeps across the front end of the car.

Realistically this is easy to avoid, just don't pressure wash the hell out of directly under the front of the hood..

The scoops are placed so the air comes up from the front fascia from underneath the front of the hood. Only way even with the stock scoops wide open for water to actually get to the intake would be if you had the car running and sprayed high pressure water directly up under the front of the hood. If for some reason you did get a little water into the intake box, etc. pretty much all have the same kind of drainage hole that attaches to the stock hose, so it will just drain off people

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Realistically this is easy to avoid, just don't pressure wash the hell out of directly under the front of the hood..

The scoops are placed so the air comes up from the front fascia from underneath the front of the hood. Only way even with the stock scoops wide open for water to actually get to the intake would be if you had the car running and sprayed high pressure water directly up under the front of the hood. If for some reason you did get a little water into the intake box, etc. pretty much all have the same kind of drainage hole that attaches to the stock hose, so it will just drain off people

The 7.5 has open ends on both air ducts already... must not be too much of an issue imo

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Good luck when it rains or snows or you get in a sand storm:)
I've done this mod and also my MK7.5 has both air "slots" open and it's been fine for over a year now. I should tell you that it rains pretty much 7 months of the year around here. If any water does make it in there is drainage at the bottom of the stock intake.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Looks like increased contrast on the radio station logos.

You got better cell service and went somewhere slightly colder? haha I can't find any differences

First I removed the light background on the radio channel buttons. But... there was still a dark gradient overlay on the buttons, which I removed. :D
And then it got cooler.:D

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Not today but last night.. installed VWR knock offs from amazon

More details please. Stick on or replacement? Link?