GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Try on at a watch retailer or jeweler to get an idea of what model you really like. but if you want a great deal you can take the reference number and try grey market retailers like Jomashop.com I've gotten a Hammy off there at a 50% discount

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I appreciate the tip thanks!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Just added this to the collection. Halios Seaforth gen 3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice! I like that dial!

I've already told the wife that I am saving towards my dream watch and on my 30th birthday I'll buy my first OMEGA lol. I have 2-3 years till then so I'll work on those goals haha. In the meantime the Hamilton watches really have my attention. Where do you recommend purchasing the Hammys? I see them on Amazon for a much lower price compared to going to a jewelry store.

I got my Khaki from a local AD that I was initially trying to establish a relationship with (also an Omega AD).
I think I was able to get them to knock a hundred $ or so off the price.
I can't really remember.
But it would have been cheaper to get it off of a website like Jomashop, like E90 mentioned.
Just remember, while the watches are authentic, you don't get any sort of warranty on the watch.
Actually, you get Jomas warranty if you buy through them, but I have heard horror stories about their warranty repairs, so I would not even consider using it.

Take my hammy for example. MSRP was $595 but I know for a fact I for it for under $500 out the door.
Joma has it for $375 right now and figure in one day shipping for $25 and you are at $400.
I decided to just pay the little extra for piece of mind...

The only time I would consider buying grey market is if the savings is substantial. Like the Speedy.

I went to that same AD where I bought the Hammy (also where I bought our wedding rings and bands as well as diamond earrings), they really would not knock enough off to make me happy so I walked and my wife bought it for me for my birthday from Jomashop.

The savings alone is enough to pay for 2 full Omega services had anything gone wrong. So that is why I didn't care about getting it from an AD with a warranty. Because even if Joma shipped me the watch broken, I could have sent it to Omega for $750 and STILL paid less than the AD was offering me.

If you plan on selling the watch in the next few years warranty cards will sometimes help a sale (which you do not get when you buy from Jomashop) but if you plan on keeping the watch, then it really does not matter IMO.

So for the Hammy, you could just do Jomashop or maybe even Amazon, but I would forget about using wither of their warranties.
But for the Speedy down the road I would recommend looking at some trusted sellers on Omegaforums.com.
You can get pretty much grey market pricing but still have a warranty card.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Nice! I like that dial!

I got my Khaki from a local AD that I was initially trying to establish a relationship with (also an Omega AD).
I think I was able to get them to knock a hundred $ or so off the price.
I can't really remember.
But it would have been cheaper to get it off of a website like Jomashop, like E90 mentioned.
Just remember, while the watches are authentic, you don't get any sort of warranty on the watch.
Actually, you get Jomas warranty if you buy through them, but I have heard horror stories about their warranty repairs, so I would not even consider using it.

Take my hammy for example. MSRP was $595 but I know for a fact I for it for under $500 out the door.
Joma has it for $375 right now and figure in one day shipping for $25 and you are at $400.
I decided to just pay the little extra for piece of mind...

The only time I would consider buying grey market is if the savings is substantial. Like the Speedy.

I went to that same AD where I bought the Hammy (also where I bought our wedding rings and bands as well as diamond earrings), they really would not knock enough off to make me happy so I walked and my wife bought it for me for my birthday from Jomashop.

The savings alone is enough to pay for 2 full Omega services had anything gone wrong. So that is why I didn't care about getting it from an AD with a warranty. Because even if Joma shipped me the watch broken, I could have sent it to Omega for $750 and STILL paid less than the AD was offering me.

If you plan on selling the watch in the next few years warranty cards will sometimes help a sale (which you do not get when you buy from Jomashop) but if you plan on keeping the watch, then it really does not matter IMO.

So for the Hammy, you could just do Jomashop or maybe even Amazon, but I would forget about using wither of their warranties.
But for the Speedy down the road I would recommend looking at some trusted sellers on Omegaforums.com.
You can get pretty much grey market pricing but still have a warranty card.

These are all great points that I should have mentioned! I didn't even think about it when I purchased my Hammy from Joma, but if you're going to build a more expensive collection down the road it might be a good idea to start building an ongoing relationship with the AD of your choosing.
But it's nice to know that you got your Speedy off Joma, Brad. For watches of that level and higher (on my list of future goals: Omega Seamaster PO, Speedy, and IWC Big Pilot) I assumed I would always go to an AD regardless of how much I could save with grey market simply b/c I was worried about something so expensive not coming from an AD.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah mine came from Joma.
I did not originally ask my wife where she got it from (because I didn't care) but she told me not too long ago when she saw me looking at the Tudor's hah! But I always sort of figured that she did.
It came with everything except for a warranty card (but all boxes/tags intact as well as all accessories). Watch was flawless and has been on my wrist almost daily for the last year and everything is all good.
I don't think I would hesitate buying from them again as long as the discount is good.
Like I said the savings equaled 2 $750 services from Omega. And since I am keeping the watch forever I don't care about having papers and cards for resale.
So for me it was a no-brainier.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I want to play, but I'm away traveling so no car pics...

Seiko Sportura limited ed. BAR/Honda Championship

the new one I want...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
While I find the idea of them to be cool, I have just never been able to fully get behind skeleton watches lol.
I do like Oris though.
As I'm still searching for a blue diver watch the 39.5 Aquis has popped up on my radar at being a decent option.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
I'll have a halios one of these days. It's either halios or the new cward trident c65 in blue.

I was very tempted by the C65 (black) and Oris 65. I may pick one of those up eventually if I don't hold on to the Seaforth.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
I want to play, but I'm away traveling so no car pics...

Seiko Sportura limited ed. BAR/Honda Championship

the new one I want...

That Oris looks real nice!

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I was very tempted by the C65 (black) and Oris 65. I may pick one of those up eventually if I don't hold on to the Seaforth.
I have the Oris 65. Such an aesthetic piece of work. Definitely wouldn't mind having the halios to go with it