GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catless DP question...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Preach it brotha. Catless stinks.

"It doesn't stink." Yeah at idle. Sit behind someone at a stoplight with your windows down and smell it when they get on it. It's awful.

I do, and I do it often lol.

Literally anyone who can afford these cars can afford a catted downpipe

flygteye

Ready to race!
I have a catless and yes it's loud. I love it though. Wish I could get an outside sound clip of it one of these days.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Catted plus resonator for me. The drone drove me crazy so I sold my catted DP and replaced with catted DP and resonator. Glad I am not your neighbor if you are going catless.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I run both. Jake made me a test pipe with clamps and when I get sick of the smell I swap back. Catless sounds sick with my CB and res tho.

On my set up it will shoot flames sometimes which I never expected from a golf lol

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I agree catless barely nets you anymore performance. I personally can't smell a thing in my car though. I've also regularly been behind my buddy with a catless wrx and I can barely smell it. Hondas blowing white smoke or big trucks shitting coal everywhere is way worse and way more common than a catless vehicle. I admire people who get up in arms about the environmental aspect of catless. I enjoy the earth and environment. (one of the few things I'm not happy about with the current administration). Having said that, our cars even catless, are so much cleaner than cars even 15 years ago. On my hour drive to work I pass so many vehicles I can guarantee I'm one of the cleaner ones. So many trucks, old cars, busses, cars that the exhaust systems are rusted out. Me adding a cat won't change the fact that the world is being trashed daily by other means that none of us can control. It's pretty gross. I will say if your on the fence, go catted. I'll never judge someone for doing that, and wanting to help the environment. I also don't think someone who does go catless should he criticized [emoji2371]. If I was to buy an exhaust I'd most likely go with Jake's. I ended up just cutting shit off and adding a dp and I'm satisfied with the sound.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Stronggside

Passed Driver's Ed
Was just wondering if the catless sounded worse then a catted.

I know its Louder, was wondering to what extent. It's all to every ones preference i suppose.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Was just wondering if the catless sounded worse then a catted.

I know its Louder, was wondering to what extent. It's all to every ones preference i suppose.
That's a preference question. Could I get a better sound with a catted dp and a full system? Yea. An I content with what I have because it was cheaper? Yea lol not to say you can't get a perfectly good sound catless. Jake knows what he's taking about so listen to him lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk