GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Operated Blow Off Valve - Boomba Racing

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't think that anyone is paying attention since nobody has posted in two years besides you.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Happy to see you're paying attention ;)

Just as an FYI, you may want to put a link to the product page in the original post. I'm not sure if the image used to be the hyperlink, and that got dropped in the merge to the new platform, but there should be a quick way to get to the product. I only see links to videos at the moment.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I thought BOVs were pretty well pointless on these cars, other than for making noise?

You thought correctly. The stock DV is fine and there's nothing to gain from an aftermarket one. If you want sound you can get a spacer for the stock DV.

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
"This kit will replace your weak and leaky OEM bypass valve in favor of something much more up to the job"

:LOL:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
"This kit will replace your weak and leaky OEM bypass valve in favor of something much more up to the job"

:LOL:

By that logic any aftermarket BOV will work better than a leaky OEM DV. I would replace it with a new OEM DV.

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
You thought correctly. The stock DV is fine and there's nothing to gain from an aftermarket one. If you want sound you can get a spacer for the stock DV.
The BOV spacers are fine if you're stock because you don't make a lot of power anyway.
However on a tuned car, it fucks with the boost BAD. (As it does on a stock car, but who cares on a stock car) I tried this thing off and on many of times and it's night and day every time I swap it off and on.
My advice.. it sucks but.. just accept not having that noise unless you don't care about boost/how fast you can go aka a stock car.