GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Wheel Quality Issues

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
So after ordering a set of 19inch Machine Faced Rse10 wheels in October 2018, they finally arrived last Friday. (issues with manufacturing supposedly :rolleyes:)

Unfortunately 3 out of the 4 wheels had marks / imperfections to the face deep enough to get a 'nail into'.

Being a machined / polished face I didn't want to take the chance of getting 'white worm' with a week or two so I've sent them back for a refund.

Myt question is; Is this a common issue with Neuspeed wheels or have i been unlucky?

I not going to risk ordering a machined / polished wheels again as this has seriously put me off but can i risk ordering a regular finish or is the quality of Neuspeed wheels so, bad that i am likely to have issues with these too?

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Over the past few years, I've ordered 2 different sets of Neuspeed wheels. All were in perfect condition.

RSe52 18x8 Machined Face.
RSe10 18x8.5 Hyper Black.

Sorry to read of the experience you're having. Best on the resolution.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I purchased RSe11 and RSe52 in last 12 months all fine

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Sounds like i've just been super unlucky then.
I know that they halted production of the Rse10 for a few months to concentrate on their 2 new models.
Maybe when they started up production again there were some QC issues.
I'm also super fussy and went over each wheel carefully to check them as soon as they arrived which i think is really important with machine faced wheels that can have issues as soon as the top coat lacquer is penetrated.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
My hyper black RSe102's have a couple small dust specks in the finish on at least two of the wheels.

I only noticed it because I had them on the kitchen table to coat them with cquartz. Had I just brought them straight to the shop to have the tires mounted up I would have never seen it.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
That's what I was wondering. I went over the wheels really well after spotting 1 quite obvious fault. The rest were minor but would definitely have caused issues down the line once moisture had got into them.
Did many of you guys actually went over the wheels properly before having the tyres fitted or did you just pu them on the car without looking at them in too much detail?