GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW shifting the Golf production to Germany.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Last I heard, it was a demand from the IG Metall workers union that demanded the high-volume Golf be built in Wolfsburg again.

Country of assembly has zero impact on quality control.

BMW's South Africa plant has a better track record that Lexus's plant in Ontario.

Could just be BMW's parts suppliers are better than Toyota's.

Last edited:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Last I heard, it was a demand from the IG Metall workers union that demanded the high-volume Golf be built in Wolfsburg again.

BMW's South Africa plant has a better track record that Lexus's plant in Ontario.
How come Alltracks with leaking roofs only appear to be a problem in the US?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

videoguy009

Ready to race!
There are no more quality control issues in Mexico than there is in Germany.They will continue to build the all new Jetta and Tiguan in Mexico and if there were quality control issues why would they continue to build there money making vehicles there. I read an in depth article on how that plant runs and quality control is a main priority.They have some quality issues with the R and it is built in Germany.Any part that is made in Mexico is a spec from Germany.The German unions are the ones who want the GTI back and they are getting it.More labor costs, higher the price of any product.Car manufacturers are not out to lose money for sure.I would imagine you will see each trim level increase by $500 to $1000.People will pay this because they think they getting a better built car.I really don't think that will be the case.That press release could be a push from the German unions as they don't state exactly who that comes from.Every auto manufacturer has issues with their quality.They expect more from a company like VW because of the price of their autos.I have stated earlier on these forms that Mercedes is not exempt from their quality issues and they are a premium car not like VW.Trust me as I owned a 2017 and couldn't wait to pass it on to some unlucky customer.Oh well!

Last edited:

videoguy009

Ready to race!
CLA 250 then the C300.53k for the CLA traded up to 60k for the C300.I find that Merc's quality kicks in on vehicles 70k and up.There quality is no where near it was in the late 90's and early 2000's.There are many articles written about this.I just bought a Rabbit and i'll never worry when I'm driving if a water pump.turbo,Vaq or any part fails.If a part fails like they do in any other car I will deal with it then.There is a beautiful thing called warranty.Give me the GTI anyday!

Last edited:

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion

So what does effect quality control? Where the owners are from?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie

I believe it. For a country that was able to locally make some awesome handhelds back in the day when Research In Motion was a huge hit, the cars and car parts they made and still make are flawed often for some reason.

Even the OEM parts I got recently for my other car that were made in Canada have fitment issues. OEM parts mind you.. not some Chinese fake copies off eBay.

Bullet Bob

Passed Driver's Ed
"A GTI turbo out of warranty is $2,500 ++
Just saying."

So, about the same as a Mercedes dealer's oil change? :p

videoguy009

Ready to race!
An oil change is actually 250.00 by the way.A mechanic friend of mine at Mercedes said after 3 yrs. or sooner some expensive sensors start to fail and it goes on from there.If you live in a wintery climate like me they may go out quicker.There are 55 sensors on the CLA 250.Where I live there are alot of Mercs sitting on the lot when their two year leases are up.Did people hear something? Another friend of mine has a 4 yr. GTI and all he has done to it was oil changes.Mexico got his right anyway and hopefully mine.LOL

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Which modern car does not have water pump issues ?

They are all cheaply made with plastic impellers and/or plastic housings.

Stainless impeller and aluminum housing where are the good old parts back in the days ?? :(

ECS Tuning, I think sells Aluminum housings.
Not sure if for an MK7. Never looked into it.