GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
How was installing the stage 2 transmission insert? Correct me if I'm wrong, but newer MQB cars can't just replace the transmission insert, right?

Mine had two spot welds that took me about 10 minutes to drill out. Then the sandwich opened and I could replace the OEM rubber bushing with the BFI poly one. Some of them have a small nut/bolt instead of the spot welds. Some are full welded. You don't know until you get down there and look.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Had my dyno appointment today. My on hold ethanol tune put down 315/374. So about 15hp and 15tq from my 93, but that was a different dyno. Kinda what I expected with it dialed back because of the clutch slippage. Also had some correction doing the pulls, making me think my blend wasn't as good as I was hoping. All in all though I'm extremely happy with it. The tq curve looked great. Power delivery is very smooth. One of the pros I always talk about with strat. It's such a good daily driver tune. The car can feel bone stock and then your putting down almost 400 wheel tq and burning rubber. A lot better experience compared to a jerky Apr tuned car I've driven. Looking forward to the dsg tune to up clamping pressure, an IC, and top up tune. Then I'll jump back on and see what she's got.

https://youtu.be/No-8lD_QpsU

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Could someone help me out with instructions for dummies on how to get my car crackling? DSG. MAP catless dp & awe switchpath exhaust. I've only been able get some gurgles. Btw I'm only on my 2nd revision but so far im digging the tune previously had jb4.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Could someone help me out with instructions for dummies on how to get my car crackling? DSG. MAP catless dp & awe switchpath exhaust. I've only been able get some gurgles. Btw I'm only on my 2nd revision but so far im digging the tune previously had jb4.

Just to double check, they enabled it in the tune right?

If so, when the engine is warmed up, try to go through the driver selection profile and re-select Sport mode. They might’ve only enabled it in Sport mode and not for all modes. You’ll need to do it every time you start the car if you want the pops/bangs (I do at least).

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Yea it's only in sport if your dsg. Give it a minute or 2 after starting the car. Get it over 3k and let off. You'll know when it's working lol

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I had Alex to enable it ONLY in sport mode and at 4k RPM. I'm currently on my third Revision on my,"Top up" tune since I got my new clutch in pushing for more power. Pops can sound like GUN shots XD I love it and shoots some flames:rolleyes:. I'm only with Catless downpipe stock exhaust.

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my dyno appointment today. My on hold ethanol tune put down 315/374. So about 15hp and 15tq from my 93, but that was a different dyno. Kinda what I expected with it dialed back because of the clutch slippage. Also had some correction doing the pulls, making me think my blend wasn't as good as I was hoping. All in all though I'm extremely happy with it. The tq curve looked great. Power delivery is very smooth. One of the pros I always talk about with strat. It's such a good daily driver tune. The car can feel bone stock and then your putting down almost 400 wheel tq and burning rubber. A lot better experience compared to a jerky Apr tuned car I've driven. Looking forward to the dsg tune to up clamping pressure, an IC, and top up tune. Then I'll jump back on and see what she's got.

https://youtu.be/No-8lD_QpsU

Numbers looking GOOD!

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea it's only in sport if your dsg. Give it a minute or 2 after starting the car. Get it over 3k and let off. You'll know when it's working lol

Thanks for the replies guys I thought I was doing something wrong. I def have her in sport mode, it's really the only way drive. I'll just mention it to my tuner when I send my logs tonight.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Thanks for the replies guys I thought I was doing something wrong. I def have her in sport mode, it's really the only way drive. I'll just mention it to my tuner when I send my logs tonight.

If they say it's enabled and you're still not getting anything, cycle through the driver selection profile again and re-select Sport Mode. I have to do this every time I start the car...

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Does the crack and pops happen in Manual mode? I’ve never driven in any othe mode yet.
Also how are the dyno number on an R? I’m really considering selling my JB4 and going this route. I have an 18 R dsg btw.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Does the crack and pops happen in Manual mode? I’ve never driven in any othe mode yet.
Also how are the dyno number on an R? I’m really considering selling my JB4 and going this route. I have an 18 R dsg btw.
Thanks in advance!

Manual mode as in manual shifting DSG, or the ‘Individual’ driver profile?

You can set it to Individual and have the setting called “Engine” set to Normal and it won’t do the pops and bangs (as long as the tuner sets them to only go off in Sport). That’s what I do since I want some other settings to be in Sport.

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Manual mode as in manual shifting DSG, or the ‘Individual’ driver profile?

You can set it to Individual and have the setting called “Engine” set to Normal and it won’t do the pops and bangs (as long as the tuner sets them to only go off in Sport). That’s what I do since I want some other settings to be in Sport.

Yes Manual shift mode on the dsg !
But I understand what you are saying. Thank you. I thought that the trans had to be I S mode for the pops and bangs!

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
The DSG selection mode doesn't play a role in the Pops and crackles. It can be in sport or normal. Pops and Crackles are based on the engine selection mode. You have to set the engine mode to either sport or normal

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
The DSG selection mode doesn't play a role in the Pops and crackles. It can be in sport or normal. Pops and Crackles are based on the engine selection mode. You have to set the engine mode to either sport or normal

Ahh ok , sweet thank you!!! Has anyone dynoed there s2 stratified tune? Or tracked it?