GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: MIB1 display

gtiperson

My MIB1 display is shattered and I need a replacement unit. Do any of you beautiful people have one sitting around? To be clear, this is the non-car play 2015 display. I do not need the glove compartment control box or wiring, only the display. Thanks!

Person

Edit: found one!

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
My MIB1 display is shattered and I need a replacement unit. Do any of you beautiful people have one sitting around? To be clear, this is the non-car play 2015 display. I do not need the glove compartment control box or wiring, only the display. Thanks!

Person

Hi Person,

Will the 6.5” screen from the MIB2 work? I have both the screen and the surrounding bezel from when I upgraded to an 8” screen.

Human

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hooman,

I have absolutely no idea. Let me see if I can figure that out.

Person

Alright. Let me do a little digging as well. I can’t recall.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I know it doesn’t work the other way, but most people aren’t trying to just replace the stock screen.

Exactly. I know you can’t use the 8” screen with the MIB1 unit.

What happened anyway, lol?

gtiperson

Exactly. I know you can’t use the 8” screen with the MIB1 unit.

What happened anyway, lol?

Basically extreme clumsiness. I bought one of the Avin USA units a while ago and just installed it, but it needed an update from the manufacturer to work at all. They’re now out of business or not supporting their product anymore (sielectronics: cheap Chinese manufacturer), and Avin is unreachable. So, I’m out 600 dollars plus whatever it takes to replace the stock unit. I’m over it at this point. I don’t have 2k to spend on a retrofit, and I just want screen that works.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Give it a couple days, there are quite a few out there gathering dust. You may also want to post over at the MIB1 to MIB2 conversion thread as those are all the folks who have an extra. You can also PM the number of folks who have posted on that thread as they have done the conversion. Unfortunately, I sold mine on eBay after I did my conversion.

gtiperson

Give it a couple days, there are quite a few out there gathering dust. You may also want to post over at the MIB1 to MIB2 conversion thread as those are all the folks who have an extra. You can also PM the number of folks who have posted on that thread as they have done the conversion. Unfortunately, I sold mine on eBay after I did my conversion.

That’s my thought as well. Thanks for the input.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Check ebay i've seen some for good prices. Or get the MIB2 screen (and guts in the govebox) for a nice upgrade to carplay.