GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Wow, some seriously AWESOME watches in this thread. And good variety, too. Nice to see some outside the usual suspects like the BR, Mido, and Bulova.

I'll bite and make a contribution, since I just recently upped my watch game! :eek:

Tudor Black Bay GMT

Very nice! One of the watches on my future acquisition list is the Tudor Heritage Advisor, since I love watches that have a complication beyond just the basic time keeping, and a mechanical alarm watch just sounds cool!

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Love hearing the stories behind watch purchases! Also very nice Tudor nicholam77, love the bezel colors/finish. I'm sure the patina will look amazing in 15yrs making it even more meaningful it was purchased the year of your first child.

vbrad Speedy's are so versatile, loving it on the NATO

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, all! :D

vbrad, yes I've heard the BB GMT is not that easy to come by right now. I was completely surprised they had one at the AD I went to. When I walked in I only meant to inquire and assumed they wouldn't even have it to look at. They said it was from someone who had them order one right when it was released, and then changed their mind when it came in. The AD said they were shocked it had stuck around so long. Although the place I got it from is kind of unique in that it's inside an apparel store and they only have Tudor watches. So it wasn't a big jewelry store or anything that most people would think of going to.

I fully intended to get it on a bracelet, but this was the only one they had and it was on leather. Better for my wallet at the moment anyway, but I did discover it's a "better deal" to get the watch with bracelet configuration vs. getting the bracelet separate later. In fact they also showed and offered me the Black Bay Black on a bracelet for a couple hundred less than the GMT on no bracelet. I might look at lightly used ones on forums in the future, but honestly, I've been surprised at how much I love the stock leather band that came with it. It's not super comfortable but probably still breaking in, but I really like the color of the leather and how it looks with the muted red/blue bezel. I'm just thrilled to have it and will likely wear it as is for the foreseeable future.

Evil Minion, I've heard the Heritage Advisor name a lot before but didn't know which watch it actually was or that it's an alarm watch. I agree that's pretty unique and cool! I like the double crown, too.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Thanks, all! :D

vbrad, yes I've heard the BB GMT is not that easy to come by right now. I was completely surprised they had one at the AD I went to. When I walked in I only meant to inquire and assumed they wouldn't even have it to look at. They said it was from someone who had them order one right when it was released, and then changed their mind when it came in. The AD said they were shocked it had stuck around so long. Although the place I got it from is kind of unique in that it's inside an apparel store and they only have Tudor watches. So it wasn't a big jewelry store or anything that most people would think of going to.

I fully intended to get it on a bracelet, but this was the only one they had and it was on leather. Better for my wallet at the moment anyway, but I did discover it's a "better deal" to get the watch with bracelet configuration vs. getting the bracelet separate later. In fact they also showed and offered me the Black Bay Black on a bracelet for a couple hundred less than the GMT on no bracelet. I might look at lightly used ones on forums in the future, but honestly, I've been surprised at how much I love the stock leather band that came with it. It's not super comfortable but probably still breaking in, but I really like the color of the leather and how it looks with the muted red/blue bezel. I'm just thrilled to have it and will likely wear it as is for the foreseeable future.

Evil Minion, I've heard the Heritage Advisor name a lot before but didn't know which watch it actually was or that it's an alarm watch. I agree that's pretty unique and cool! I like the double crown, too.

Yeah when you can, always buy with the bracelet.
But I would by no means pass up a watch a wanted because it did not come with the band I wanted.

I would have done exactly what you did.

I like the leather band on yours, but I too would want a bracelet.
Hopefully you can get your hands one one sometime soon.

BrandonB00

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, some seriously AWESOME watches in this thread. And good variety, too. Nice to see some outside the usual suspects like the BR, Mido, and Bulova.

I'll bite and make a contribution, since I just recently upped my watch game! :eek:

Tudor Black Bay GMT

I've had it for about 2 weeks now. My first luxury watch and I'm blown away. My true love has always been the Pepsi GMT Master II (not the new ones!), the ref 1675. Realizing I could never see myself spending that much, probably ever, I turned to the Tudor Black Bay line, and in my mind was settled on a Black Bay Black as the "grail". Thought it was going to be "the one" for several years.

But then when the Black Bay GMT was announced this year, I knew instantly it was the watch to end all watches for me. I had some funds from a small sailboat I'd sold recently and in the back of my mind had been sitting on them for a watch purchase, someday. Essentially not ready to pull the trigger but already allocating the cash.

I decided to just do it. It's a LOT of money to me, and something I thought I'd never end up actually doing, but it's something I'll get great enjoyment out of everyday. I figured life is short, nothing is guaranteed, and might as well start enjoying this life-long piece now.

I'm 30, close to 31, and expecting a first child (daughter) any day now. Like vbrad26 I seriously struggled with whether I should go forward with it or not, especially considering the kid on the way. My wife kind of gave me the extra push I needed. She said "you've been talking about this forever, you should just do it and get it over with". And so I did and at first I was like WTF have I done, but after a week or two on the wrist I couldn't be happier. And it will always be sentimental to me having bought it in the birth year of my first kid (I've long thought attaching watches to significant events is a great idea).

I've had a few other mechanicals previous to this with ETA and Sellita movements in the $500 price range, and everything about this watch blows them out of the water. The design, details, fit and finish, and movement are phenomenal. The movement is buttery smooth, nice and crisp, and the features are basically identical to the Rolex GMT's. My wife and I also love to travel, so it's also symbolic of that, and I hope to bring it on many trips to come.

Sorry, didn't mean to write a book, I'm just... excited! :D

P.S. There were a handful watches before the Black Bay obsession, some of them that looking back make me cringe a little. Been wearing a watch of some sort every single day for the last 12 years. Happy to share a few others when I have a chance

Wow great watch and great story! If you look into bracelets for it you may want to consider the Bracelet from the Tudor Ranger. That’s what I have on my black bay. I have smaller 7” wrists and the solid endlinks on the bracelet made it fit weird to the point that I almost sold the watch. When I put the Ranger bracelet on, it fit perfectly and really has a retro look to it as well. It will fit just like the leather strap does on yours. And it may be a little cheaper to boot. If you want a really inexpensive bracelet then check out a Strapcode superoyster with straight endlinks. It’s really good quality and under $100. It would be a cheap way to find out if you really want to spend the cash for the bracelet as it fits exactly like the Ranger bracelet. The Ranger bracelet is noticeably nicer but probaby over $400. (I got mine used)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I hear ya. I can't go larger than 44 either or it just looks goofy to me on my wrist. 40-42 is my sweet spot I've discovered.

That said, I did pick up a little gem on black friday that's a little bit bigger, that I need to get a picture of soon...

40mm is perfect. Post up a picture when you receive your little gem!

laznsher23

7R Preorder watch

Attachments

• R watch.jpg
    R watch.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 505