GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who is on Bilstein B8s?

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Looks like he is running VWRs
What are the comparable coilover setups?

B8 w/ Eibach pro f/ Europe = cheap B12

B12 looks difficult to get at a decent price especially when you can put a kit together.

Some in this thread recommend B8 w/ H&R OE. Don't recommend VWR because too soft with that particular setup.

Some are also mentioning getting 034 mount kit.

Is that the general consensus of this thread? I'm thinking of either piecing together a kit or attempting to find a B12.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

veedubbin

intentionally left blank
Car(s)
VW's
What are the comparable coilover setups?

B8 w/ Eibach pro f/ Europe = cheap B12

B12 looks difficult to get at a decent price especially when you can put a kit together.

Some in this thread recommend B8 w/ H&R OE. Don't recommend VWR because too soft with that particular setup.

Some are also mentioning getting 034 mount kit.

Is that the general consensus of this thread? I'm thinking of either piecing together a kit or attempting to find a B12.

I went with the eibach linear pro kit and the B8's (as long as they come in fairly soon). I went this route because I want a small drop and good ride. I have had multiple other setups in the past, my last being a rabbit with ST coilovers (that were too bouncy). I paid $234 for the springs through the tirerack link in the forum and $584 for the B8's from ecs (price match). I am planning on getting new mounts and hardware through DAP before the install.

veedubbin

intentionally left blank
Car(s)
VW's
Ordered mine from Summit. Supposed to ship Sept. 12th.

You may want to reach out to them, I spoke to ECS today and the fronts will not be in until after Oct.31. Looks like I am probably going with konis.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Do it

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
For myself at this point since fall and winter are approaching, I'll probably just wait for the Bilsteins and do the install next spring.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Since the B8s are difficult to come by Atm, what is our frequently available alternative to include matching spring?

smoriarty

Passed Driver's Ed
I just put koni yellows on mine and the one thing they have over the Bilsteins is the adjustable fronts. Rears are a pain to get too but at least you can fine tune the fronts to your liking

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
In the same boat waiting on B8's. Planning to pair them with H&R OE Sport springs. I've had the shocks on order since March...

May cancel the order through - genuinely tired of waiting. Starting to look into the VWR (Racing Line) kit: https://www.racingline.com/sport-sus-kit-mqb

Does anyone have any input or experience with this setup?

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
In the same boat waiting on B8's. Planning to pair them with H&R OE Sport springs. I've had the shocks on order since March...

May cancel the order through - genuinely tired of waiting. Starting to look into the VWR (Racing Line) kit: https://www.racingline.com/sport-sus-kit-mqb

Does anyone have any input or experience with this setup?
Did you see review by teemmy?
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42947

To be honest, none of the other shock options are very appealing to me. I am pretty much resigned to just waiting for the B8's. I may consider KW or H&R coilovers if this pushes into next year though.

Last edited:

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Anybody aware of the reason for the backorder/lack of supply of the B8s? (wasn't sure if it was addressed earlier in the thread and I just missed it)

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
Complete factory re-tooling from what I understand. Also possibly affected by increased focus on OEM applications. It's not just MK7 B8 specific, multiple products for almost every platform affected.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Yup, if you google something like Bilstein back order 2018 you'll see a lot of enthusiasts across various makes and models are waiting it out.