GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convenience open windows - doesn’t work

dm33

Passed Driver's Ed
In the manual I read about a convenience open and close window feature. I have the option in the infotainment system when I choose settings, opening and closing, window. I’ve set it to all windows. Yet nothing happens from the remote nor from the door switch.

Is there some other option to set?
Is there a bug?

I have a 2017 Wolfsburg.

Could the firmware need updating? Is there a way to get updated firmware?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Are you doing the following?

Opening: press and hold the driver's window switch all the way down, hard, until all windows roll down.

Closing: on the exterior front door handles, press and hold on the door lock dimple until all windows go all the way up. They're fully closed once your turn signals blink.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Are you doing the following?

Opening: press and hold the driver's window switch all the way down, hard, until all windows roll down.

Closing: on the exterior front door handles, press and hold on the door lock dimple until all windows go all the way up. They're fully closed once your turn signals blink.

I can close mine using the lock button on the remote, thanks to OBD11. :D

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Ugh, using the master window switch is so hard on my ancient arthritic fingers. Life Alert please send help. I've never understood the need for this feature. I normally drive with all my windows down. I press the master switch buttons to toggle auto down when I start the car, and toggle them auto up when I shut off the car. Not too crazy or hard.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I can close mine using the lock button on the remote, thanks to OBD11. :D

Same here. I forgot to mention to the OP that OBDeleven and VCDS can activate the remote functionality.

Ugh, using the master window switch is so hard on my ancient arthritic fingers. Life Alert please send help. I've never understood the need for this feature. I normally drive with all my windows down. I press the master switch buttons to toggle auto down when I start the car, and toggle them auto up when I shut off the car. Not too crazy or hard.

I'm guilty of using the comfort opening/closing when I take a nap in my car at work. I don't have to press the Start/Stop button and reopen the driver's door (to get out of accessory mode) :)

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I'm guilty of using the comfort opening/closing when I take a nap in my car at work. I don't have to press the Start/Stop button and reopen the driver's door (to get out of accessory mode) :)

Alright that is a legit reason.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I enabled the remote function through OBD11. I sometimes forget to roll up the rear windows...using the remote is handy when that happens.

dm33

Passed Driver's Ed
I enabled the remote function through OBD11. I sometimes forget to roll up the rear windows...using the remote is handy when that happens.

Does it not work via remote on US cars? I thought I had read somewhere on VWVortex that its a option that can be enabled via VAGCOM.

BTW, do folks realize it is not OBD11, as in eleven. Its OBDII as in 2. Not sure if thats an inside joke or product name or folks just don't realize.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Does it not work via remote on US cars? I thought I had read somewhere on VWVortex that its a option that can be enabled via VAGCOM.

BTW, do folks realize it is not OBD11, as in eleven. Its OBDII as in 2. Not sure if thats an inside joke or product name or folks just don't realize.

NAR has the remote functionality disabled from the factory.

As stated above, OBDeleven is a product that plugs into the OBDII port. It's an alternative to VAGCOM/VCDS, though you'll need an Android device with a Bluetooth and Internet connection.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

It's a product with a "fun" play on the standard as its name. It's okay, you're fairly new. We'll let it pass. ;)

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Cant get that feature to work either. Also not interested in using the key fob. Too paranoid about accidentally opening the windows while in the house (no garage) all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed

For what it's worth, it's nice to be able to roll down the windows from outside the vehicle on a hot summer day and let the heat escape before having to climb into it.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Cant get that feature to work either. Also not interested in using the key fob. Too paranoid about accidentally opening the windows while in the house (no garage) all day long.

You'd have to press and hold the unlock button for 3 seconds for the windows to open. How likely is that to happen unintentionally?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

Well it's not like you touch the button and the windows all roll down. It's a fairly long press with some pressure and you have to hold the button for them to continue to roll down. If you let up... they stop moving.

I've had them coded in on my B5 S4, Mk4 and Mk6. I've never had them "accidentally" roll down. You'd have to be wearing some seriously tight jeans for that to happen.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk