GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple Car Play-Pandora issue

racerx20

Ready to race!
Having an issue on my 2017 with Pandora and Apple Car Play. 9 out of 10 times it won't load when connected, will sit there stuck or give a "no identifier" error message on the car's screen. Everything else (texts, calls, music stored on phone) works like a champ. Wondering if it's an IOS problem or head unit problem. Anyone else have the issue?

Jarbear

Ready to race!
I have the same issue occasionally among other small issues with Carplay and Pandora. Haven't been able to notice any patterns or causes.

tstadgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE DSG
Having an issue on my 2017 with Pandora and Apple Car Play. 9 out of 10 times it won't load when connected, will sit there stuck or give a "no identifier" error message on the car's screen. Everything else (texts, calls, music stored on phone) works like a champ. Wondering if it's an IOS problem or head unit problem. Anyone else have the issue?

I've had that issue with a lot of the 3rd party apps, including Pandora. To get the apps to work properly I have to reset the app on my phone by double clicking the home button and swiping the Pandora app away to close it. Then re-open and it should work.

I've had my head unit replaced and that did nothing. I haven't had this issue in other cars that have car play, so my guess it's some kind of design issue with the head unit and/or VW software integration of Car Play

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Pandora on your phone? I had a similar issue with another app and this resolved it. It could also be a bug in the app and Pandora needs to update/fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubDriver171

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a theory that it has to do with the ad pandora puts up at launch that you have to dismiss to access the app.

ATAR1

Same problem here with Pandora. You need to open your phone and get rid of the ad (as mentioned above). Then it works.

Or else use Amazon prime music instead...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

racerx20

Ready to race!
Thanks for the tips!

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I have this exact issue every time i load pandora in my car. So pretty much I did not BUY the pandora app for x.xx/month , everytime pandora doesnt load in carplay it seems to be because there is the pandora app trying to get me to buy the app. OR, there is a pandora add that I have to click though. Closing these pretty much make the app work fine with CarPlay. Gluck OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I pay for pandora and this still happens to me. I have been in contact with them for the past 6 months about it still not fixed. As other said. Launch it before then plug it in.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I replaced my lightening cable and it fixed the issue.

dm33

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the same issue. Thanks for someone else reporting it too.

I reported it to pandora and they act surprised.

Other apps have some trouble but pandora never works unless as folks here have said, you open it on the phone first.

I’m trying Apple Music now and it works flawlessly. I used to love pandora but this is pushing me away. I’m trying every other music service. They all work much better than pandora. I’m trying google music, amazon music, Apple Music, Spotify, Jango, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM. These other services sometimes have issues but pandora never works first time. Apple Music always works.

Is CarPlay really this buggy or is apple pushing people to Apple Music, or is pandora simply dropping the ball in what should be the primary way to use them.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I have the same issue. Thanks for someone else reporting it too.

I reported it to pandora and they act surprised.

Other apps have some trouble but pandora never works unless as folks here have said, you open it on the phone first.

I’m trying Apple Music now and it works flawlessly. I used to love pandora but this is pushing me away. I’m trying every other music service. They all work much better than pandora. I’m trying google music, amazon music, Apple Music, Spotify, Jango, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM. These other services sometimes have issues but pandora never works first time. Apple Music always works.

Is CarPlay really this buggy or is apple pushing people to Apple Music, or is pandora simply dropping the ball in what should be the primary way to use them.

It’s a pandora issue as it’s the only music app that fails of the others I use with CarPlay

MattCatt85

Passed Driver's Ed
I drive a different rental car every week for work from Sunday to Thursday and half of them have Carplay. They all have different issues pop up at somepoint in the trip. I think it is a Carplay issue. I've upgraded my phone during this time period as well, so many variables have been addressed. Apple seems like they aren't interested in putting much work into the product.

racerx20

Ready to race!
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was trying to eliminate the competition. Give me access to WAZE on CarPlay, Dammit Apple! :D