GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shortcut to ApplePlay?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Is there a one-button shortcut to go from any other part of the infotainment system (phone, car, media, radio, etc) directly to ApplePlay? Or do you always have press the Menu button first, and then hit ApplePlay on the touchscreen?

I know, first world problem, but I toggle a lot between ApplePlay and media, mostly because I use ApplePlay for navigation but SD card for music, and it's nice being able to go to Media with one button, but then back to ApplePlay is always a two-step affair.

ghost_03

Ready to race!
I would also use a 1-button for Car Play. As it stands, I either put music on the gauge display and use steering wheel controls, or else do the 2-button thing. It's kind of automatic now, I hit menu with my index finger and then press in the right knob with my thumb. No touch screen or scrolling required.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I would also use a 1-button for Car Play. As it stands, I either put music on the gauge display and use steering wheel controls, or else do the 2-button thing. It's kind of automatic now, I hit menu with my index finger and then press in the right knob with my thumb. No touch screen or scrolling required.

This is what I do. Oil temp on cluster display until 175°, then put it on audio and screen on android auto.

I know with android auto, you can hold down the voice command button on steering wheel and it will go to your android auto screen regardless of which screen you're on. Then you just cancel the voice command. Still a 2 step process, but you don't have to take have of wheel.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
This is what I do. Oil temp on cluster display until 175°, then put it on audio and screen on android auto.

I know with android auto, you can hold down the voice command button on steering wheel and it will go to your android auto screen regardless of which screen you're on. Then you just cancel the voice command. Still a 2 step process, but you don't have to take have of wheel.

I should try this with CarPlay.