GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there any reason that this wouldn't work?

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
Greetings all,

I was looking to add my old subwoofer and amplifier from my previous car (2013 Fiat Abarth) to my GTI and I have heard "mixed" things about whether or not it will work.

I have the following:

JL Audio W3V3 HO Box (single 10-inch subwoofer)
Alpine MVR-500 Monoblock Amp
Audio Control LC2i 2 channel line out converter

The goal was to add some depth to the factory setup. The mids and highs aren't terrible, but there is not a lot of bottom end. Planning on running this setup around 300 watts or so, just to add some range to the sound stage. I listen to a lot of rock, classical, and some EDM but don't need it to be overpowering.

Thanks in advance!

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
The lc2i is key. Yes it will work nicely. Take your signal off the amp under the front seat. I assume you have no sub in the spare (i.e. no Fender)?
Perfect! Yes, no Fender system here. And since I live in the mountains, want to keep a spare tire

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It should work just fine, the key is tapping the correct wires for the low frequency signal.

I have the same sub that I am planning to install in my Sport, plus a DSP, amps, and new speakers (took it all out of my previous car).

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
It should work just fine, the key is tapping the correct wires for the low frequency signal.

I have the same sub that I am planning to install in my Sport, plus a DSP, amps, and new speakers (took it all out of my previous car).
That's great to hear! It's a shame this sub has such a large footprint, but it sounds the business

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
No fender audio = no amp under the seat. You'll want to tap speaker wires behind the unit in the glovebox.

See here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280

I have a box design in my sig, if you want to save the trunk space. Just need some MDF, a jigsaw, and an afternoon.

Last edited: