GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best/affordable wheels

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

I like my Enkeis and they’re very reasonably priced (about $250/wheel). These are 18x8 and I think weigh 19lbs so fairly light. Decent amount of options, I think their new TSVs would look great on a GTI.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
Konig & Enkei are both light, affordable and available in flow formed options.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
TSW is flow formed and decently priced[emoji106]but all the suggestions above are great options, pics when done[emoji41]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

VWGAT

Having gone through hub ring hell, I'd recommend getting the exact bore size (57.1).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Motegi Traclites are light and inexpensive. 17 to 19 lbs depending upon the size and around $150.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Having gone through hub ring hell, I'd recommend getting the exact bore size (57.1).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did you have aluminum rings?

Mine are completely fine.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I've been looking at these as well. Would you kindly posting some pictures of them?
Quality is what I'm a bit worried about at that price point. They're styling knockoffs of major brands (hre, etc). Plus they're not flow formed and not exactly light.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Rickys

Quality is what I'm a bit worried about at that price point. They're styling knockoffs of major brands (hre, etc). Plus they're not flow formed and not exactly light.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

True, but they are jwl/via certified. Looking at their testing facilities from pictures on the website shows they are obviously made in China as most things are. Sure they are not the lightest but still approx 1.3lbs lighter than stock Austin’s while being an inch wider. I believe most of the time you get what you pay for and these wheels are not expensive but I think all the boxes have been checked.

Rickys

Just a polite reminder - As you all probably know, genuine VW wheels use radius taper bolts. Be aware that many non VW wheels require straight taper bolts. Under no circumstances should original conical taper bolts be used on straight taper seats. Make sure you have the correct bolts for replacement wheels. Interesting article at https://www.autoserviceprofessional...g-the-nuts-and-bolts-of-wheel-clamping?Page=3

Good point, thanks.

I did email the company and they said that in the spec I ordered the wheels (18x8.5 +45 5x112) that it uses ball seat bolts and I can use the OE ones.
However I will confirm with the installer.