GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CJM boost gauge pod fitment - anyone else running it?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I haven't even gotten to the point of installing it in the dash yet.....I can't even get the autometer boost gauge to sit in it. It won't seat at first due to the large brass bolts sticking out the back of the gauge, but even more, once the NPT portion gets put on, that turns out to be even longer. There's no way this will fit the CJM pod as it stands.

Going to have to try different NPT set up on back....NPT tap or something....

Anyone running one?

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I know this may not be super helpful but it’s direct from their website and explains what they have confirmed to fit and not fit. Did you read this section at all before ordering? If not, it does explain that custom depth pods can be created as well. Might be best reaching out to CJM directly. I only noticed because I was looking at adding another gauge and was looking at their dual vent pod and ran across this snippet.

From actual personal experience, I won’t be much help since I’m not running that setup but for my Prosport OP gauge, since I was placing in a pod, I didn’t even need to use the brass backing plate as they are mainly there to attach to the back of a dash cutout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ahahahahaha......oh man..... I'm an idiot. I totally didn't read that on their website - thank you for pointing that out AND being kind about it! Serves me right for ordering two things without consulting the others website. I've got a prosport coming in now, so hopefully that will work.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ahahahahaha......oh man..... I'm an idiot. I totally didn't read that on their website - thank you for pointing that out AND being kind about it! Serves me right for ordering two things without consulting the others website. I've got a prosport coming in now, so hopefully that will work.
Which prosport did you order?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Which prosport did you order?
Just checked Amazon.... It's actually a glowshift. I had prosport gauges in my WRX, so wanted to try something different.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I was going to use the CJM as well but didn't like the coarse finish on it. I ended up going with the APR one in the left vent, fit perfectly, easy install. Looks great. Do not buy the ECS vent mount, it is the cheapest flimsiest piece of overpriced crap!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Were the prosport any good? I want a gauge for fun, but don't want something inaccurate and prone to breaking.

I had the boost and oil pressure gauges and they work flawlessly for years.

I was going to use the CJM as well but didn't like the coarse finish on it. I ended up going with the APR one in the left vent, fit perfectly, easy install. Looks great. Do not buy the ECS vent mount, it is the cheapest flimsiest piece of overpriced crap!
so I almost considered the vent gauge however the way I hold the steering wheel my arm would cover it up every single time, so I opted for the dash pod. I know that when I ordered the cjm pod it gave me the option for textured or smooth finish.

Last edited:

zimmie2652

Ready to race!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
answered you on your other thread. No vac line to "T" into. I have a bung on my FMIC I'm going to use.