GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle pedal - Clicks at WOT ?

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
If the circuit is on the CAN you're asking for trouble by unhooking it.

Yeah, I wouldnt want any issues, but i'm just not getting use to it, I feel like I'm stepping on my guitar stomp box, it's very distinct.
Maybe mine is an extra firm click, I can't imagine anyone that would like this feeling.

I wonder if there is anyway to remove the entire assembly (the switch)
I'm kind of hating it. I've never owned a car that had such a distinct click at WOT.

I would almost consider replacing the whole pedal, maybe one from a 2015/17 car, if they don't have it. ??

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
.......I would almost consider replacing the whole pedal, maybe one from a 2015/17 car, if they don't have it. ??
My 17 R has the same click at WOT.

You might be able to get a gas pedal from a manual GTI. but I'm not sure if this would work or not since our cars are all throttle by wire and the ECUs are programmed to use the gas peddles we have.

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
You're WOTing a brand new 2019? Nice.

Yep ;-) I did take it a little easy the first 150 miles.
There are a lot of mixed opinions on how to break in an engine, you will get different advice depending on who you talk too.
I've owned dozens of new cars, V8's, Turbo 4's, IL6, and have broken ever car in the same way. I have never had an issue with any of them.
My father and uncle were both mechanics and built race motors back in the day, they were of this belief as well. Generally the first few hours of running a motor (with modern design) is all that's necessary for break in.
Like I said, there will be mixed opinions about this topic, even among the experts ;-)

I am enjoying WOT from time to time (except that annoying click) :mad:

Cbell3186

Ready to race!
I find the kickdown most useful in DSG. Its basically the computer saying "Oh you want to go fast? Uhhh youre in 5/6th gear.... let me help you with that...." When you hit the kickdown, it will find the most optimal gear for acceleration.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I find the kickdown most useful in DSG. Its basically the computer saying "Oh you want to go fast? Uhhh youre in 5/6th gear.... let me help you with that...." When you hit the kickdown, it will find the most optimal gear for acceleration.

In short, it's the switch that says GO!!!