GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obd11 Reverse Mirror Dip Help

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
No, its an actual electrical module that controls various functions that deal with the door. BSM, folding mirrors, windows, etc. If you're curious what it looks like, it can be seen in the third and fourth picture in this thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17907

Both the driver and the passenger door have their own. Addresses 42 and 52 respectively.

Look at the module number, the format will be something like "5Q0 959 X93". The X is the important part, if its a 3, you have the low line models and will need to replace them with ones that have a 5, which are the high line models.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Highline door module isnt mandatory for Reverse mirror dip, it worked for me with a low Door module.

And even now when i have a highline module, the mirror doesnt come back to the same position, the memory of the position is on specific door modules and not on any highline.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
Highline door module isnt mandatory for Reverse mirror dip, it worked for me with a low Door module.

And even now when i have a highline module, the mirror doesnt come back to the same position, the memory of the position is on specific door modules and not on any highline.

That sounds like your coding is off. Commonly instructions say to go to 52 - long coding - byte 4 - check bit 2 and 3, but you also have to check bit 1. Give that a shot and see if you can get correct return. Can check advanced output values in VCDS to see if the values are being correctly saved.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
That sounds like your coding is off. Commonly instructions say to go to 52 - long coding - byte 4 - check bit 2 and 3, but you also have to check bit 1. Give that a shot and see if you can get correct return. Can check advanced output values in VCDS to see if the values are being correctly saved.
Will give it a shot!

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
That's assuming that you do have the power folding mirrors, good luck!
I do have, just tried it and when i shift to reverse the mirror just goes all the way down and inwards, after trying to adjust and turning ignition off ( which then it goes back to original position) it went to the right height but all the way to the right.

Maybe i dont have memory position after all.

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
How is 52 - long coding - byte 4 coded altogether? What values do you see for Mirror memory-X coordinate, Mirror memory-Y coordinate, Mirror memory-supply voltage, and Mirror memory-install in Advanced Measuring Values?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
How is 52 - long coding - byte 4 coded altogether? What values do you see for Mirror memory-X coordinate, Mirror memory-Y coordinate, Mirror memory-supply voltage, and Mirror memory-install in Advanced Measuring Values?
Thats what it says.

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
Everything looks correct and values look like it should for a working setup. Maybe synchronous mirror adjustment is doing something funny? Also I assume you've already done this, but first time after enabling bit 1, you may have to set the dipped and normal position for the mirror again.

One other thing I can think of, instead of turning the car off to get the mirror to return, try clicking the mirror switch into the center position. Just in case its some sort of weird power cut == values don't get saved case.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You can code this on any car with power mirrors however they will not return to the correct position (that's the key right?) unless you have the correct module.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
You can code this on any car with power mirrors however they will not return to the correct position.

If this is true and I don’t care about returning to the correct position. How do I go about coding if all I want to accomplish is have the mirror automatically dip all the way down (all the way down and not down to a specific stored location) when I go into reverse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigeo

Autocross Champion
If this is true and I don’t care about returning to the correct position. How do I go about coding if all I want to accomplish is have the mirror automatically dip all the way down (all the way down and not down to a specific stored location) when I go into reverse?

Not being an @ss but this is a v. common mod, just google "mk7 obdeleven mirror dip in reverse" - the coding is all over the place.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Not being an @ss but this is a v. common mod, just google "mk7 obdeleven mirror dip in reverse" - the coding is all over the place.

Did you even read my original post? Things are different for 2017 cars and up. If this is so common send me one link where it shows “ZV Comfort” and not “Comfort Access 2” and how to do it on a 2017 and I will stand corrected.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Did you even read my original post? Things are different for 2017 cars and up. If this is so common send me one link where it shows “ZV Comfort” and not “Comfort Access 2” and how to do it on a 2017 and I will stand corrected.

This doesn't work?

https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/comfort/passenger-mirror-dip-1

Ok, I'll shut up now...just trying to help but have to believe someone has figured this out on the 2017+ as there seems to be a lot of posts related to it.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Have you thought about backing up the control unit, then opening in notepad and searching to see where it's hiding?