GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI LED Tail Light Question

coopeco

So I just installed the LED tail lights and a plug and play harness this afternoon on my 2015 GTI. After wiring it all up, I proceeded with coding from ShopDAP and BEC (after running into a problem). Everything works well except for when I step on the brake, the Right Amber strip lights up with the brake light comes on.
Anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks

Last edited:

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
i think its gotta be something with the coding. I had an issue where the left signal did nothing but right signal did both at the same time.. checked over the wiring and it was a single line had the wrong option.

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
i think its gotta be something with the coding. I had an issue where the left signal did nothing but right signal did both at the same time.. checked over the wiring and it was a single line had the wrong option.

Yeah I’d check both thoroughly. When installing, I followed the wiring diagram wrong and as a result, the wrong lights lit up for different functions. Next, I thought I blew a fuse because one part wasn’t lighting up but then i checked the coding and I missed something. So it could be both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
So I just installed the LED tail lights and a plug and play harness this afternoon on my 2015 GTI. After wiring it all up, I proceeded with coding from ShopDAP and BEC (after running into a problem). Everything works well except for when I step on the brake, the Right Amber strip lights up with the brake light comes on.
Anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks

By any chance was the five brake light mod coded before your LED light install? Please check Leuchte24 settings and search for Brake lights or Bremslicht. Replace that with not active.

Yeti

Urban joke to LED Tail Lights

Got it figured out! I had the 5 brake light urban joke mod before. So returned coding to stock and then recoded. All is good now! Thanks

I'm about to do the same! Do I return all the coding to stock? Where did you find the stock coding?

I have urban joke right now and installing LED this summer.