GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

California Residents

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The people that seem to be leaving CA are the ones that are struggling. I know people that did more out of CA where costs of living are lower. The people that aren't struggling...have no reason to move out of California. My family...friends all live in to So Cal...none of them plan on moving out of state.

I like to ride my bike...and I get to do it year round here. I lived in an area where it rains all spring...humid summers...really cold in the winter for almost three years...I don't want to go back to that. I like it where I am now.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
The people that seem to be leaving CA are the ones that are struggling. I know people that did more out of CA where costs of living are lower. The people that aren't struggling...have no reason to move out of California. My family...friends all live in to So Cal...none of them plan on moving out of state.

I like to ride my bike...and I get to do it year round here. I lived in an area where it rains all spring...humid summers...really cold in the winter for almost three years...I don't want to go back to that. I like it where I am now.
I'm from san Diego, born and raised, I was doing just fine when I lived there, i left cause i was a fire fighter and the line to get into a department there was to long so i left and moved 2 hours away to Arizona, would i have been fine living there, yes but i wanted more out of my life and wanted to own a nice home without a 3-6k mortgage, the san diego 30 years ago is not the same today, it's much worse, I go back all the time, it is great to visit but I (personally would not want to raise my kid there) I like guns(which is a sin in California) it is poverty stricken just look at all the homeless tents when you go downtown and surrounding places, if you enjoy it and can afford that's great I applaud you but it is just a shadow of its former self.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I don't see many...if any homeless in my neck of the woods. I do see lots when I go to DTLA. I have friends who own lots of guns. You might not be able to get certain types of guns in CA...but you can own them. My cousin has soome pre ban guns from years ago. I recently came across a couple semi auto pistols I liked...but are not legal in CA. Oh well...buying another set of wheels instead.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't see many...if any homeless in my neck of the woods. I do see lots when I go to DTLA. I have friends who own lots of guns. You might not be able to get certain types of guns in CA...but you can own them. My cousin has soome pre ban guns from years ago. I recently came across a couple semi auto pistols I liked...but are not legal in CA. Oh well...buying another set of wheels instead.

I spent a bit of time in San Fran on business years ago. I saw plenty of homeless. It's much worse now, and drugs are really bad.

I also was in San Diego a few times, but like the rest of Cali you can't even carry a knife for self-defense. I'm in great shape for my age but I know I won't stand a chance against 2 youths. You can't get a carry permit there or in San Fran, and a contact stun gun won't cut it.

Many of the people leaving are retired and can't afford to live there any more. While I can afford to live there, why should I give a big chunk of my income for taxes to a state where I need to pay for their mismanagement and high number of people on welfare? The crime alone in those cities should make you shudder as much as the cost for homes.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I spent a bit of time in San Fran on business years ago. I saw plenty of homeless. It's much worse now, and drugs are really bad.

I also was in San Diego a few times, but like the rest of Cali you can't even carry a knife for self-defense. I'm in great shape for my age but I know I won't stand a chance against 2 youths. You can't get a carry permit there or in San Fran, and a contact stun gun won't cut it.

Many of the people leaving are retired and can't afford to live there any more. While I can afford to live there, why should I give a big chunk of my income for taxes to a state where I need to pay for their mismanagement and high number of people on welfare? The crime alone in those cities should make you shudder as much as the cost for homes.

The homeless can be found anywhere in any city in any state.

Its legal to carry a knife in California as long as it's not a switchblade or over four inches long. I carry a folding knife with me wherever I go. Its clipped in my pocket. It's got a three inch blade.

My house is paid off. My finances are good...so no need to worry about that.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Poor people love living in California more than anyone. The people that are sick of getting taxed out the ass are the ones wanting to get out. It doesn't take long to get sick of paying 40% taxes to feds and state, then add in property taxes, sales tax, gas tax, $400 annual vehicle registration, etc. All kinds of other big reasons too.... major fires every year, droughts, terrible traffic, idiotic gun laws.

Last edited:

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
I'm Northern Cali Born and Raised. The homeless problem in the city (SF) is crazy and is spreading to the suburban east bay area. We have a feces and needle problem in San Francisco and BART (Our subway). It is absolutely atrocious.

We have our problems, but I love living here and would like to spend the rest of my days here. I'm glad I can afford to live here very comfortably, as I'm the first to say the cost of living is in another dimension. My short stint in Phoenix showed how far a dollar can go. It was amazing. But home is home.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The homeless can be found anywhere in any city in any state.

Its legal to carry a knife in California as long as it's not a switchblade or over four inches long. I carry a folding knife with me wherever I go. Its clipped in my pocket. It's got a three inch blade.

My house is paid off. My finances are good...so no need to worry about that.

What are you going to do with a knife only 4" long, pare grapes? :) Like Crocodile Dundee states, "that's not a knife". I hope you tell the thugs with guns, "no fairsies".

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It's only a matter of time before California bans knives, just like London did. Honestly I'd rather fist fight someone as long as they're not way bigger than me. Otherwise I'd be too concerned about dropping the knife and them getting it, especially if there's more than one of them.

A guy, apparently having the worse day of his life, started road raging at me a few weeks ago over nothing, got out of his car, and began hitting me through my window. I had to jump out and fix him up real quick.. could've grabbed my knife but 1- I didn't feel threatened enough to use it and 2- I'm not trying to deal with the cops over stabbing some random f*cking idiot

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
It's only a matter of time before California bans knives, just like London did. Honestly I'd rather fist fight someone as long as they're not way bigger than me. Otherwise I'd be too concerned about dropping the knife and them getting it, especially if there's more than one of them.

A guy, apparently having the worse day of his life, started road raging at me a few weeks ago over nothing, got out of his car, and began hitting me through my window. I had to jump out and fix him up real quick.. could've grabbed my knife but 1- I didn't feel threatened enough to use it and 2- I'm not trying to deal with the cops over stabbing some random f*cking idiot

Damn, good thing you're ok. Where in socal was this?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk