GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 1 Engine & Tranny Mounts

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Disagree.

BFI S1 sounds like stock, S2 had unpleasant mechanical noise constantly transmitted into the cabin.

Really like the S1 mount, hated the S2. S1 has WAY less NVH than S2.
I have a lot more engine noise with my stage 1 mounts and I love it. I have zero vibrations from the mounts and people wouldn't notice I changed them if it weren't for the additional noise.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Trans noise or engine?

I have the S2 trans mount and S1 engine mount, don't really notice much NVH at all.

The S2 motor mount was awful IMO.

I HAve both sounds. Clutch noise became much louder but I'm not a one that cares much about drone or nvh. I've dailied built dsms and GTs that were 1000x worse. It's rpm based vibration, probably via both. I think my nvh increased the most when I did trans mount. Engine mount I did not notice but then again I bought mine used and the engine inserts are pretty worn out. I can even move them around in it lol

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Huh.. I guess paying a bit more for the Superpro mounts is somehow justified..

Who knew?? :D

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I don't get all the noise and NVH people are talking about. After break in there is a slight increase in vibration with the AC on when idling but thats about it. I intentionally left out the BFI poly dogbone insert and left in the 034 insert however. I will likely add the 034 top insert as well.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I don't get all the noise and NVH people are talking about. After break in there is a slight increase in vibration with the AC on when idling but thats about it. I intentionally left out the BFI poly dogbone insert and left in the 034 insert however. I will likely add the 034 top insert as well.

Do you have stage 1 or stage 2?

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
The BFI transmission mount if by far the best since it utilizes the oem housing. I ran the full ECS engine and trans mount and my God the NVH was like a 93 civic swapped with a h22 engine equipped with innovative mounts. I kept the ECS engine mount and swapped the trans with the BFI stage 1 and NVH was cut down by 30% and more tolerable for everyday driving so i do believe the trans mount is the one that causes the most NVH.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I've been holding on for the longest from upgrading my mounts because I dislike too much NVH. Was going to to with the 034/CTS style mounts but have seen those fail so will try just trans BFI stage 1 mount and hope that fixes most of my wheel hop issues without having to swap out the engine mount.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I've been holding on for the longest from upgrading my mounts because I dislike too much NVH. Was going to to with the 034/CTS style mounts but have seen those fail so will try just trans BFI stage 1 mount and hope that fixes most of my wheel hop issues without having to swap out the engine mount.

Just my two cents PAC: don't change one of the three without doing the others. I did and it rekt my oem mounts even worse.

I think at the end of the day the little nuances with alignment , material used and design actually play a bigger role than people think. The oem design is the best for dd as it has a 360 degree rotational flex point. Where as my bfi stage one does not allow for as much smaller movement (I e noise).

You could just throw the insert into the trans and call it a day though. You just may wear your motor oem mount much quicker.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
I agree with Twist. Think of all three mounts as a triangle. If you make one corner strong, it will make the other two corners that much weaker. I have BFI stage 1 eng/trans mounts and APR dogbone insert. I have zero vibrations, even with the AC on. I have additional engine noise, but I love it.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I have the Superpro engine and transmission mounts (installed by a VW tech) and NVH is definitely increased on idle. Seems to be breaking in a little now after a few hundred miles, but still definitely noticeable from stock. At first it was like a tractor. I didn't do the dogbone yet, but that's going to be HPA.

Sent from mobile

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
I have the Superpro engine and transmission mounts (installed by a VW tech) and NVH is definitely increased on idle. Seems to be breaking in a little now after a few hundred miles, but still definitely noticeable from stock. At first it was like a tractor. I didn't do the dogbone yet, but that's going to be HPA.

Sent from mobile

Strange. I did just the engine and trans superpro mounts for about a month and my experience was little to no difference in nvh from oem. Then I installed the superpro torque arm bushing and again there was hardly any difference. I cannot say there is a definite increase in NVH, hardly perceivable. I'd need to sit a stock Mk7 to honestly determine if there was any increase.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Strange. I did just the engine and trans superpro mounts for about a month and my experience was little to no difference in nvh from oem. Then I installed the superpro torque arm bushing and again there was hardly any difference. I cannot say there is a definite increase in NVH, hardly perceivable. I'd need to sit a stock Mk7 to honestly determine if there was any increase.
Hmm... Interesting.may have to look into it and anything is wrong

Sent from mobile