GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

pixel junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Annoying, that there is a difference enough to have a ROW car.

Has a hatchback so it can't be a sports car...

But really, can you refer to any car as a "sports car" if it has more than 2 doors?

For the most part I think the qualities that dictate a car as a sports car is pretty much anything that has two doors and is not practical for anything other than driving and driving fast. I think this is why most people don't include the Golf in the sports car category, by that definition a Beetle is more quantifiable as a sports car....but when it comes to my insurance, I am quite happy they don't catagorize the Golf as a sports car because if they did I'd be paying a bunch more.

That above is the ultimate sports car with the pinnacle of motorsport series today. The very best!

Jon2

Ready to race!
The WRC car is not based on the Golf, but the smaller Polo.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I really like your post and agree with almost everything.

What is a sports car, a Corvette? No thanks, would pick a tuned GTI over that US, all straight line power/no agility POS any day.

!

I find your lack of Corvette knowledge disturbing....

...a C6, C7 Corvette can out handle just about anything out there. Even cars 3x as expensive. And that's not just an opinion.

pixel junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
I find your lack of Corvette knowledge disturbing....

...a C6, C7 Corvette can out handle just about anything out there. Even cars 3x as expensive. And that's not just an opinion.

You can't put me in one of those if it was a gift. Sit in one and let's chat after that. Under-designed, low quality material, plasticy POS. Ghetto styling, everything about it screams NASCAR red neck.

Last edited:

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
You can't put me in one of those if it was a gift. Sit in one and let's chat after that. Under-designed, low quality material, plasticy POS. Ghetto styling, everything about it screams NASCAR red neck.

I realize that vehicle preference is subjective, but there's a 2016 Z06 outside of my work right now and it A) Is not underdesigned and B) does not use "low quality material". For you to say if one was gifted to you and you'd never get in it, is either a lie, or you're just a hater.

Not sure what you find "ghetto" about the styling..it looks like a freaking race car. The only downfall I heard of is that it tends to over-heat on track(not sure if Chevy has fixed that) and you go through rear tires like nothing.

I'd go take pictures to further prove my point, but the Dr. might get suspicious.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

I'd agree with you about that if you were talking about the 90's era "don't give a hoot" engineering of the 'vette. That was a bad time for Chevy IMHO.

Now the newer corvette is a MUCH better car. I've sat in one at a car show recently and actually liked it.much better fitment from a driver's point of view.

I actually really like the Porsche Cayman after testing one out during the summer.

The problem with both of them is practicality, I often have 2 to 4 passengers in my car (5 if you include the driver). I also love to ride my bike on local rail trails. And then there's my 60lb dog... A hatchback is simply the best, most practical car for my needs. Shoot, even with me having fun with the gas pedal I still have managed 30mpg on average. :cool:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
judging by your post count, join date, and use of "ghetto" in rather laughable terms. I hereby call for a disregard of all of your opinions for at least 3 weeks or 15 quality posts; whichever comes first. Given the nature of the aforementioned posts, I'm betting on 3 weeks. Good Day. :cool:

pixel junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
judging by your post count, join date, and use of "ghetto" in rather laughable terms. I hereby call for a disregard of all of your opinions for at least 3 weeks or 15 quality posts; whichever comes first. Given the nature of the aforementioned posts, I'm betting on 3 weeks. Good Day. :cool:

Wow, I'm crushed, you really got me there! Hope I'll be able to sleep tonight... Pf.

It's a forum where people express personal opinions. Some are subjective like the ones above, or we all have to agree with what you say to be acceptable?!

Bite me dude, Good night!:D

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

Agreed. His opinion holds little value.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Who's looking for a NASCAR redneck?;)
Unless you have been to a race you might need to hold judgement.
Today's NASCAR car will out perform any and all street cars on an oval or road course. Also many other race cars.

Everyone should see one NASCAR race. Bucket list item.

Last edited:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
That above is the ultimate sports car with the pinnacle of motorsport series today. The very best!

Jesus, I give up.

Everyone should see one NASCAR race. Bucket list item.

Totally agree. Also, can we agree that Nascar needs more road races? there's nothing better than watching a fat, powerful, no brakes car bounce it's way over huge curbs while trading paint with other cars. The last 2 laps of the 2012 Watkins Glen was some of the best racing I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ride alongs are pretty eye-opening too. ;)

Got a ride from Brian Keselowski, when I got one through Petty. I gotta brag about that! heh

Signed, A NASCAR (+F1, +Indy) redneck from the north.

Sounds like fun.
I do not race much but last year raced some indoor electric carts with some co-workers. I have a better appreciation for what race car drivers do for 3 hours at 200mph in 100+F heat.:eek:

To all who have never been to a NASCAR race, go to one in your life.
Talladega is the best but I am partial. Like watching a freight train at 200+mph.

Cale262

Ready to race!
The WRC car is not based on the Golf, but the smaller Polo.

Obviously but its the point! Same style as the Golf with the hatch etc.