GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STAGE 2 KILL STORIES....

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Lol. I hate 335s. Probably the only thing in our price range that could beat the gti tune for tune

in our price range? It'd have to be a few years older than our cars to be in "our" price range.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
i do miss my FBO 335i... I think a FBO is38 would be pretty evenly matched with it...
Mine had 115k miles when I sold it and the repairs started to scare me so I sold it...
My stage 2 is probably about 5mph slower trap speed right now...

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
i do miss my FBO 335i... I think a FBO is38 would be pretty evenly matched with it...
Mine had 115k miles when I sold it and the repairs started to scare me so I sold it...
My stage 2 is probably about 5mph slower trap speed right now...

That clutch is calling for a bigger turbo, I can hear it from here.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I think a fbo is38 ethanol running light gti would wreck any stock turbo 335. But when you go s2 twins or go big single turbo 335 it's over lol.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I think a fbo is38 ethanol running light gti would wreck any stock turbo 335. But when you go s2 twins or go big single turbo 335 it's over lol.

yeah... on pump gas the 335i is going to be faster...
I think an IS38 FBO may be pretty close\even on pump gas and no meth on both cars

I know my 335i FBO on pump gas would run 117mph trap speed on a good day. I would say 116 was more the average

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Just ran a 400whp Camaro 6.0 iron block swap, with his 200 shot of spray turned off for me (on for my buddy's 62/66 335i) . Car weighed 3400 lbs. Mine had a ton of stuff , full weight, full tank, stock ic in the back and I still beat him by about a car. Second run I was on his front fender the whole run. So to give op an idea a s2 gti full weight and gas (e20) on an off the shelf Apr map is similar to about a 400 hp 3400 lb car.. not too bad but not crazy fast either.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Just ran a 400whp Camaro 6.0 iron block swap, with his 200 shot of spray turned off for me (on for my buddy's 62/66 335i) . Car weighed 3400 lbs. Mine had a ton of stuff , full weight, full tank, stock ic in the back and I still beat him by about a car. Second run I was on his front fender the whole run. So to give op an idea a s2 gti full weight and gas (e20) on an off the shelf Apr map is similar to about a 400 hp 3400 lb car.. not too bad but not crazy fast either.

Not bad at all....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I got two good pulls with a 2018 Challenger 392 scat yesterday morning. Very evenly matched from 40-130ish as well as 30-100ish.

The first pull he got the hit and I reeled in the half car head start to end at his door. I lifted because the slight curve in the road was a little sketchy at the top of 4th gear lol

Second pull was uphill and you literally could’ve handed stuff out our windows from one car to the next. I had a cleaner shift and maybe picked up a few feet but we were door to door basically the whole pull.

Stopped and talked for a bit, he actually works for the same company I do just in a different department. Said the car weighs 4300# and was all stock aside from an additional air duct for the factory cold air intake (headlight, fender, and shaker scoop feeding cold air was pretty cool)

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
I was heading home after work a few months ago when I saw a C6 convertible come out of the Chevrolet dealership and hit it in 1st, 2nd and into 3rd gear, really moving out. I get up to the next light beside him and I see him going through some paperwork in the passenger seat. I think he’s not going to run, he looks like he’s just trying to get somewhere in a hurry. So I forget it but when the light turns green, he hits it, I hear the tires spinning and the traction control intervening, so I go. I hear him pedal it so it’s my chance to get into second and floor it and hope for traction. That worked and when he shifts into second I hit third... he’s right beside me still, so close that I could see him through his passenger window... don’t think he’s telling this story!

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I got two good pulls with a 2018 Challenger 392 scat yesterday morning. Very evenly matched from 40-130ish as well as 30-100ish.

The first pull he got the hit and I reeled in the half car head start to end at his door. I lifted because the slight curve in the road was a little sketchy at the top of 4th gear lol

Second pull was uphill and you literally could’ve handed stuff out our windows from one car to the next. I had a cleaner shift and maybe picked up a few feet but we were door to door basically the whole pull.

Stopped and talked for a bit, he actually works for the same company I do just in a different department. Said the car weighs 4300# and was all stock aside from an additional air duct for the factory cold air intake (headlight, fender, and shaker scoop feeding cold air was pretty cool)

That’s pretty cool Jake. Fun to see a little 2L running with a 6.4L. Lol I like seeing how the pounds/hp translates to real world on the street. That Challenger is supposed to make 485hp (that’s at the crank on spec sheets?).

Have you ever dyno’d your car?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Took down a 450whp 335i that weighs 3400 lbs. He was on jb Map 7, still on stock twins. (see video) He gave me the hit though but let out as he was slowly reeling. . *cough about 140+ in Mexico.

When he took off first the previous run he got me by about 1.5 cars. But yeah an is20 pushed to the max, FBO, eth spiked, low IATS, traction, can def run with them..

https://youtu.be/NpJaXQbAI7c

Took down a Comp 68mm GSR head b16. EK Sedan Build. Said it made 490+ whp, didn't seem like it. I put busses. His turbo lags awful.

Took down a single turbo BT genesis build.

Got rekt by a 600 whp EVO.

All in all not a bad start to my break :)

Oh by the way got car weighed. Not too happy with results (3020 with interior gutted, NON P/P, SE Model 6 MT - WTF!?) Maybe I need to reweigh..

For reference here is how are cars will lose when we do: (520+whp beamer, precision 62/66 on gate only) We gap from torque, then is20 runs out of breathe where the bigger boys like to wake up. However this is back when I was only tune. Not FBO, no eth, and full interior. Bad tires too.

https://youtu.be/J95F-ycsmA4

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That’s pretty cool Jake. Fun to see a little 2L running with a 6.4L. Lol I like seeing how the pounds/hp translates to real world on the street. That Challenger is supposed to make 485hp (that’s at the crank on spec sheets?).

Have you ever dyno’d your car?

I haven’t been on the dyno, but my car trapped 111mph in the 1/4 mile in 95-100* F so it’s safe to say that at 3200# ish it’s 330-340hp

Using the same calculator for my 107.5 mph mk6 that weighed 3000# it’s within 1hp of what the dyno read (286whp) so that’s accurate in my book

I’ve ran several 392 scats at the track and they go mid 12s at 110-low teens mph

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
One mk6 you wouldn’t wanna roll up on

https://youtu.be/fWYrGM5-f1A

Just figured I’d share, didn’t wanna start a new thread. I joined the mk8 forum and then went back to the mk6 forum to look around since it’s been a while and found this (been a member there since July 2011)

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I took the empty right hand lane this morning to get to the head of the line at a light. I needed to get back over for my exit, but you know how slow traffic gets off the line. Honda Accord next to me thought it was a good time for a race. Had to give him a facefull of Jake's ("not aggressive") loud exhaust, but it wasn't really a challenge to get some busses on him for a lane change. lolz

Have my car turned down right now, back to the Stratified base map while I figure out if I got some bad fuel or something.

I'm going to have to put some stickerz on my window to get the fast cars to run me. I've only got minivans, Accords and retired old lady's on my kill list.