GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler delete....don´t waste your money...

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
The best bang for the buck from what I noticed is always a tune, piggy back, downpipe and a drop-in filter.

Don't forget e85, that is if you are lucky to live near a pump. The cost of getting an e30 tune will be offset in the long run as ethanol is cheaper than regular gas by at least a $1/gal.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Don't forget e85, that is if you are lucky to live near a pump. The cost of getting an e30 tune will be offset in the long run as ethanol is cheaper than regular gas by at least a $1/gal.

e85 is also less efficient, so in the end it works out to around the same price. You just fill up more often

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Consensus is intakes, turbo muffler deletes, and oil catch cans are not worth the money

Agree with caveat. There are some oil issues on the track with the stock PCV system that some catch cans can help alleviate. (Though probably getting a wortec oil pan with the built in baffle would also resolve that).

Stock DV is great. Only one DV exists on the market as a true replacement currently, still being tested out on the forum. (turbosmart electronic). All the others are either hybrids or hacks to work with the stock system (not replacements).

Intakes, if it's open, you are generally subtracting power. Closed, adding maybe 7.

Best bang for the buck. JB4 followed by Stage 1 tunes.
After that, tires, because stock ones are utter trash even stock.
After that, Intercooler, because you'll be heat soaking like a mofo with just stage 1.
Last DP, and then you have all the supporting mods for a replacement turbo.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Well well well, look who we got here asking asking some n00b ass question instead of using google. Such a hypocrite.

Dude, just stop. Seriously, youre coming off like a giant asshat. I can point to numerous unnecessary threads youve started. He asked a question in an existing thread pertinent to the discussion.

Its hard to accuse others of slinging crap when youre covered in it head to toe.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Sort of.

Intercooler is a key mod. A good closed intake, and a good catback will both make power but they are not good bang for the buck.

Amen! IC, DP and closed intake (+tune)

/thread

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You're so quick to hate on me that you didn't even check who created the thread. That's just sad.

He never accused you of making this thread. You have a habit of making repeat threads and not doing your research. This is the first time OP has done it. I've seen you do it 10+ times. One time and learning is one thing, ten times and continuing to do it is another. The you come in, while still creating new threads/new posts asking repeat questions, crossing threads, and just being plain ignorant, and try to tell OP that hes an idiot? You continue to tarnish your image.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Dude shut up no one was talking to you. The point is that he wants to say shit to me because Im new and had legit questions, and he's going to go and make a thread because he wasted money and his muffler doesn't make sound gtfoh

And no-one was talking to you when you chimed in on this thread in the beginning. It's very clear to all of us that you're new since you refuse to search for things before posting, and continually post in the wrong threads and create duplicate posts cross-thread. Quit being an ignorant child. Brush up on your posting etiquette while you're here. Especially number 4.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297

I'd put you on my ignore list but your posts make me feel really smart.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Learn to quote.

My sentence was grammatically correct. The first part of my sentence cannot stand as an independent clause since it is an incomplete statement. This means a comma cannot be used. Really is an adjective in this case and can properly be used in that position in the sentence. If we are being picky then your post is completely incorrect. "As long as you feel smart" and "then what the hell" are not independent clauses. This means that no comma is necessary.

Picking out grammar "mistakes" on a car forum is usually the first sign of admitting you are in the wrong.

Care to continue, or would you like to stop the childish posts?
I'd put you on my ignore list but your posts make me feel really smart.

Slow down there, Einstein.

I'd put you on my ignore list, but your posts make me feel smart.

Remember to put commas before, but, and take out the "really."
Hey. As long as you feel smart, then what the hell.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Sigh

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Plot twist: people909 actually drives a focus and he's just here to troll the VW guys!
I bet he bought the box. (Bonus points if you know what I'm talking about.)