GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest Revision DV Valve?

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone know what the latest revision of the stock Diverter Valve is...i think I am having issues with the Forge BOV so going back to stock...going to order it just not sure which revision it is on

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
They are popular on the facebook group. Two versions, one 50/50, one plumb back. Recent release, not a ton of people using them yet. Can hit up the thread on facebook for more info. Surprised this forum hasn't been talking about it, as its the first replacement valve I've seen for this car that i know of. (the rest are generally hybrids).

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
They are popular on the facebook group. Two versions, one 50/50, one plumb back. Recent release, not a ton of people using them yet. Can hit up the thread on facebook for more info. Surprised this forum hasn't been talking about it, as its the first replacement valve I've seen for this car that i know of. (the rest are generally hybrids).

id be willing to test one out just to see exactly what they are about...would be interesting if they work better than the stock dv bc that is what i was gonna do but if this works better ill give it a shot

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
No offense, but if I was trying to sort out a problem I wouldn't go putting an aftermarket part on my car that just came out....

its got enough aftermarket on it to start with and in all honesty dont even have proof that the Dv/bov is the problem...i need to put the stock on and if that doesnt change anything then ill try something different

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I do agree with diggs, especially if you still have your stock DV laying around. (I hope you didn't toss it given the cost of one!).

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I believe 06H145710C is still the latest for the OEM DV. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That turbosmart one is real interesting though. If its actually controlled by the ECU and not pressure based im very interested. Based on it saying "Responds 57 times faster" im assuming its talking about responding to ECU commands and not reacting to pressure.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
I believe 06H145710C is still the latest for the OEM DV. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That turbosmart one is real interesting though. If its actually controlled by the ECU and not pressure based im very interested. Based on it saying "Responds 57 times faster" im assuming its talking about responding to ECU commands and not reacting to pressure.

thats my guess and it seems extremely interesting and what not which is why id consider it to test

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I agree with the others, if you are troubleshooting an issue, stick with the OEM. You mentioned you keep all your old parts so I would use that one. No need to get get another even if newer OEM one since your last is known working.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
I agree with the others, if you are troubleshooting an issue, stick with the OEM. You mentioned you keep all your old parts so I would use that one. No need to get get another even if newer OEM one since your last is known working.

i honestly swapped the DV when i got the car at 9k miles so the stock dv is 9k miles on it