GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Camshaft Recall

Rhino1

I have a December 2014 build and it shows no recall on VW website when i type my vin in. I heard that jalopnik contacted vw and they told them that the gti is actually not affected by this recall now.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
I have a December 2014 build and it shows no recall on VW website when i type my vin in. I heard that jalopnik contacted vw and they told them that the gti is actually not affected by this recall now.

Yes I just read that. Great news if true!

sc00b

Ready to race!

VWGTI

Ready to race!
my vin falls in between those vins. but my car is a 2016, and as you said the affected models were all 2015

Your model year is 2016. However, your production date will be a 2015 car.

sc00b

Ready to race!
called up my dealer amd gave them the VIN and i am allll good :)

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I just got notified by my dealer that my vehicle is affected. Labor time is 3 hrs and they have the parts in stock now.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
I just got notified by my dealer that my vehicle is affected. Labor time is 3 hrs and they have the parts in stock now.
I'm guessing that is for the suction pump... Not the camshaft. 3 hours for a camshaft replacement is rediculous.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I'm guessing that is for the suction pump... Not the camshaft. 3 hours for a camshaft replacement is rediculous.
I already had the suction pump recall done. I guess I'll find out on Friday.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
False alarm as the person who called me was not my service advisor. I called and talked to my trusted advisor and my recall is for the sunroof.

I will say VWs recall website is a bit crap as mine shows clean even though it has had the suction pump as well as this pending sunroof one. I think a recall is safety related where as the sunroof is technically a service bulletin?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
False alarm as the person who called me was not my service advisor. I called and talked to my trusted advisor and my recall is for the sunroof.

I will say VWs recall website is a bit crap as mine shows clean even though it has had the suction pump as well as this pending sunroof one. I think a recall is safety related where as the sunroof is technically a service bulletin?

Yeah, it's crap! I never saw my suction pump recall in there either. Always shows nothing. I also wish they would list the recalls that have already been done.