GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

ARi1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have got everyone working but the sub is producing vocals along with bass
Also the sound focus does not work on dynaudio profile and only on Individual with the ball

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I ended up having CP removed and appconnect added remotely. Much cheaper than buying the appconnect key and going to the dealer and paying for labor. I ended up buying the VAS5054 with OKI chip to have it all done remotely. If anyone needs the VAS5054 for the conversion, I'm willing to sell it for cheaper than what you can find online. Just PM me.
Can you outline exactly what you bought (new / used), hardware-wise, as well as what software mods (purchased, coding, what software tools, etc.) you did?
(Cost, too, if you don't mind.)

I was going to go with the hacked unit, but then started hearing people having issues (e.g., random shut-offs) with the ones from APG. So, now back at looking at doing getting MIB2 the pseudo-legit way.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I got everything to work. Thanks George for this guide. Definitely was helpful. The coding was the main issue as to why 47 was not responding. I was able to code the rearview camera, boot logo, and car image after component protection was removed from the MIB and amp.

Congratulations!

ARi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone got the coding for the amp latest mib2 amp which has sound settings below the profiles instead of a separate page as I believe this is what I need

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone got the coding for the amp latest mib2 amp which has sound settings below the profiles instead of a separate page as I believe this is what I need

Not sure if I am missing something? I responded to your previous request for MIB2 coding in post #41.

ARi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if I am missing something? I responded to your previous request for MIB2 coding in post #41.

Hi George

Not sure if you are aware but the mib2 units have various codings

I have copied my mates coding which is a mib2 but his differs from mine
His is separate for profiles and individual sound adjustment

Mine has the profile eg authentic. With the picture and if I want to adjust the sound this picture stays there and the sound adjustment is below it

I hope you undersnd whah I’m sayin
Can you confirm yours is the same

Thanks again for your help

sportwagen3

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if we can reprogram the voice button on the steering wheel to something else? For example, I would like to activate Google assistant in AA. Any ideas?

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Does anyone know if we can reprogram the voice button on the steering wheel to something else? For example, I would like to activate Google assistant in AA. Any ideas?

Same here except I want to make it a mute button. This can be reprogramed on the MK6 platform.

sportwagen3

Passed Driver's Ed
Nvm. If I long press it, it activates Google assistant. I think the mute function can be programmed through vcds. I'll play around later.

zvonexp

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone

I'm upgrading from mib 1 to mib 2.. but it looks that is mib2 unit from passat and now on car i see passat and on clima menu is passat

how i can change that to golf ?