GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTD - DTUK CRD-T+ Tuning Box

BB86

Drives: Golf VII GTD 2015 5dr Carbon Grey
Hi. Just following on from the original post on the different settings on the DTUK box. Still in the process of having a play around with the DTUK box but can't feel much of a difference between setting 1 and 2. 3 is clearly more effective at the bottom end and 1 and 2 make the car fly especially with +1 or +2 setting engaged. Anybody noticed much of a difference? Despite not noticing the difference between prog 1 and 2 there is a massively positive difference compared to stock. Highly recommended!!

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Does Dtuk still being around?

They dont answer emails =(

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
OK, i'll give them another try but why did you change? "Stage1 Carbon Chip Map (221bhp/500nm)"

s7wag

Ready to race!
I was just waiting for a suitable custom re-map developed for the GTD in particular not a generic VAG TDI re-amp solution. I also didn't want to keep messing and trying all power and options to find a suitable setting. When the Carbon Chip solution became available I opted for that. Some people prefer the option of varying the settings and ability to remove the box at service time. At the end of the day they can tell if its been re-mapped so it's just a case of whether you want to play during warranty period or not or have a mod-friendly dealer. The choice is yours. I'm happy with the Carbon Chip solution and they now have a ODB version to plug and play.

Steve

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
OK

This is a funny story, I borrowed one of our company cars a Passat LPG/gas car when I crashed my company car (it was a very nice Passat 2012 4 Motion 170 TDI DSG touring with sport package and other stuff, loved that car). the LPG gas car should have been slow as hell but it was a rocket! previous user (a guy that quit at us) must so tuned it... so I was interested to see if it was so when it was time to do maintenance work I asked the dealer to look if it was tuned and they said that they can't see if a VW is tuned. I asked several times but no they refused.

Soo I will service my GTD at the same place, they are very nice so thats not a problem and if they cant see if my car is tuned. Yippie! jackpot! We have strict rule about not tune or company cars. Now I can tune it without any fear =)

damo0486

Installed mine last night and set to 1+1.

Let the car warm up then took it for a spin, what a difference!

This morning thought when I pulled out from my estate I noticed a very slight hesitation. I didn't give the car any stick until it warmed up but then it appeared to be fine, pulling like a train again. Is the hesitation purely down to the engine being cold?

ROBK75

Ready to race!
What Waggers said :D

Out of interest, what setting do you normally keep your pedal box on Waggers? I keep mine on red most of the time now, I didn't like it on red at first cos it felt too responsive but now I'm used to it green and even orange seem a bit lethargic. As for what it feels like in standard ....

damo0486

What Waggers said :D

Out of interest, what setting do you normally keep your pedal box on Waggers? I keep mine on red most of the time now, I didn't like it on red at first cos it felt too responsive but now I'm used to it green and even orange seem a bit lethargic. As for what it feels like in standard ....

How do you find the car from cold Rob?

Do you have slight hesitation or any smoke? Also what setting are you running your box on?