GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

#Tsilivesmatter - The White Silver TSI build

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Ill be doing the install myself, so that will cut down cost big time. Going by the price on Garage16, it’ll come to about $1300 all in. I’ve held off on buying wheels and tires until I can remedy the absolutely awful wheel gap our cars come with.

At first I was planning on VWR springs, since I’ve seen used sets going for $250-400 but they will eventually ruin the stock dampers. I plan on having the stock struts installed when I decide to sell or trade my car in.

You should check out MK7 Golf TSI on Facebook, lots of useful info for our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I'm a member of this group, I'll dig into it soon, thanks for your info!:)

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
You’re welcome bro, also check out Club Wolfsburg on Facebook as well, local to the GTA. Looking forward to your updates!

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome man, I’m pretty far away from the club but I hope to make some meets this summer. They also host some track days at TMP which is quite close to me, hopefully I can make some of those too!

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I like the idea of getting rid of the second chrome stripe. We've been trying to figure out what to do with the stripe on my wife's TSI. A friend photoshopped this.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
LED Headlight + LED Interior light install!

Haven't post any "actual" updates about the car for a while since my car was involved in a rear-end collision.

So let's carry on!

First thing first, interior LED
Purchased from China and it cost about 10cad

Before:

After:

It makes huge difference, I don't need to worry about my girlfriend's eyes anymore as she always play phone in the dark while waiting friends inside the cabin.

And finally, the headlights!
I still couldn't believe a 2018 model year car is still equipped with halogen, and VW halogen is next to nothing when driving in dark/rainy/foggy/whatever bad weather. This time I got myself a pair of LED replica headlights and decided to give it a shot.

Remarks:
  • For MK7.5, it seems impossible to remove the grille without removing the bumper, so we only have one approach.
  • The good news is, the washer fluid holder doesn't need to be removed during the install.
  • Screws size/length is slightly different from OEM for at the side of the bumper
  • Plugs between NA and ROW(at least for China 7.5) are the same, seems there is no plug issue that the MK7 has.

Here we go!

Washed the car before snow comes by, CQUK3.0 on the way!

don't ask me why I put the bumper on the ground... it's been damaged since the day it hits the parking curb... shame on myself.....

Done!

Lights up!

After adjusting the headlight, here are the results.

I should've ordered the xenon bulb instead.. it's even cheaper than LED! It does give you better sight but the output pattern is so-so...

In conclusion: Having a good friend install with you is so important by the way:D
More updates (video and review) about the lights coming up, stay tuned!

Next : Dual Climate Control Panel retrofit + Splash guard.
Thanks for reading!:)

Last edited:

khng

Love following this blog. Just wondering, where did you get the rear diffuser and quad exhaust that works with the mk7.5 TSI? Are they from an R?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Aggressive rear, nice! Did you change the rear hatch emblem to black and get the White Silver overlay? If so, where's the emblem from? Looks pretty good.

khng

The R diffuser is a brand new part from the dealer, the exhaust I am not quite sure, the bodyshop that took care of my car after the accident did it.

Ahh, so its a 7.5 R diffuser? I recall reading on Facebook that people were saying that R diffusers weren't inter-swappable with the normal TSI. I guess yours disproves that theory!

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahh, so its a 7.5 R diffuser? I recall reading on Facebook that people were saying that R diffusers weren't inter-swappable with the normal TSI. I guess yours disproves that theory!

For Pre facelift MK7: yes they aren't interchangeable since the 7R has totally different bumper (hence:reflector)

For 7.5, regular Golf, GTI, R bumper should be identical (same reflector shape) so the diffusers are interchangeable
Note that the 1.8T and GTI/D diffusers are one-piece trim, the R has two (one diffuser, one clip on honeycomb trim0

Voinz

Bought a set of serron wheels and tires a month ago, however last week there's a sudden freezing rain storm affecting Ontario so I can't change my summers :(

This week, it's warm and sunny outside, perfect for tire change, painting my brake calipers and install the GTI style Spoiler

Goodbye winter tires

Need to sand out some of the rust

Done!

Serron looks good on MK7!

Next mod will be installing spring and exhaust

Thanks Alex from Young's Garage (aka his house) for the assist!
Car's looks great. Where did you pick up the Serrons? I'm also in Etobicoke and looking fro some 17 or 18 OEM rims to replace my stock 16s... Not looking to pay OEM dealer prices though or shipping from the U.S :(

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

silkblue

Passed Driver's Ed
The R diffuser is a brand new part from the dealer, the exhaust I am not quite sure, the bodyshop that took care of my car after the accident did it.

Exhaust looks great! Definitely clean and aggressive look. How does it compare to the GTI exhaust? Just curious if there's any drone or anything, since I also have a 1.8.