GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI my way

Square1

Go Kart Champion
awesome build! Love the headlight.

2 Doors is the way to go!! :D

Thanks.

Good grief that escalated rather quickly,lol. When I started to read your intro it reminded me of, well, me..lol. Basically the same car as mine, carbon steel metallic, 3 door, no lp, no pp but mine is a 2015 sport dsg..we both live in the great white north, similar age and both don’t have time to do mods to our car. I planned on doing some basic mods which I did but that’s where our similarities ended..you built quite a car now,lol. Welcome to the world of modding, once you start you can stop...good luck in the future and beautiful car btw

Thanks. It's funny how the younger generations tend to gravitate towards the 4 door, I have no idea why.

I've considered that option but I think I need just a little bit more. I don't want to buy something twice. I have seen used sets sell for a reasonable amount of money though.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Hey buddy! I'm doing a similar build at the moment.

is38 Turbo
CTS catted downpipe
AWE exhaust
APR intercooler
APR Intake
APR Turbo muffler delete
APR Turbo Inlet
I believe the only difference is the Unitronic is38 Software/

Brakes will be next. Any suggestions for my build that will help as this all goes in!

Thanks man!

Square1

Go Kart Champion
A quick update which I should have done a while ago but work, family, and work take up most of my time.
My BFI stage 3 clutch gave up after 10,000km (6,000mi). So I ordered a DKM MS twin disc. I can't say too much about it because I've only put about 500mi on it but it's a monster when it hooks up. My car feels slower now but I'll get on it when it's broken in properly and this god forsaken winter weather leaves ...... in about 6 months here in Canada.
In the meantime I ordered front and rear brakes. I went 6 pot 356mm in the front and 4 piston 330mm in the rear. I ordered them from luftenbrakes.com. I couldn't find too many companies that make a rear setup to match the fronts and these guys were good with answering all my questions so they can have the sale.
I ordered Eibach sway bars for the front and rear aswell but no end links. I could use a some recommendations on this front.
Well anyways this is where my car sits right now at Almost Racing waiting for the parts to start rolling in again. I've also been working on my wife's car which has been a neat little project as well. I'll post a few pics.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Hey buddy! I'm doing a similar build at the moment.

is38 Turbo
CTS catted downpipe
AWE exhaust
APR intercooler
APR Intake
APR Turbo muffler delete
APR Turbo Inlet
I believe the only difference is the Unitronic is38 Software/

Brakes will be next. Any suggestions for my build that will help as this all goes in!

Thanks man!
I can't believe how similar your car is to mine.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
My wife's 2018 MK7.5 TSI. My way of repurposing the IS20 off of my GTI. It has an AWE exhaust, ST coilovers and a few other goodies. I'll post a "build thread" when it's done.
I know the underglow is rice and 2001 and ....... but she's happy.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
So my brakes showed up and they're nice. I'll update this thread properly when the work commences in a couple weeks.

Thanks.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure how many have had the issue of trying to mount the WMI tank in their hatch but here's mine. A few friends have asked and it was pretty simple.
A single piece of 1/8" aluminum bent with the bottle mounted on top and the pump on the bottom. It's held in place with Velcro.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
One of the last pieces of the puzzle installed. I'll be able to put a review together when I can actually drive the car. These Canadian winters are killing me.