GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who's go the most miles on their MKVII?

Itzed

Passed Driver's Ed
Posted above on 3/24. Now I just replaced my OEM tires at 72,000 miles. Still the only repair has been the lousy wheel bearings at 51K. Still love the car every time I get in.

Norsk982

Ready to race!
57K miles on my '16 GTI SE 6MT with APR Stage. Tuned at 25k miles in May 2017. Only issues is Sunroof, thats all!

Hopefully the GTI can last til 150k Miles!

Kyle_Kelso

Passed Driver's Ed
BigDan, do you still have the car? If so, how many miles and how often do you change your oil?

Never mind, I just saw your engine failure thread. Darn... anyone else with 100,000+ miles willing to share maintenance schedule?
Oil change every 7-8000km. Just shy of 190,000km. Wife's daily driver so no tunes or mods and not tracked though I do drive it hard. Original early production turbo, original clutch, even original brakes (was going to replace a couple times but they still have some life left!). A couple minor repairs along the way but nothing significant, best car we've ever owned.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
BigDan, do you still have the car? If so, how many miles and how often do you change your oil?

Never mind, I just saw your engine failure thread. Darn... anyone else with 100,000+ miles willing to share maintenance schedule?

Yep I still have it about to hit 156,000 soon if I have not done so today!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Posted above on 3/24. Now I just replaced my OEM tires at 72,000 miles. Still the only repair has been the lousy wheel bearings at 51K. Still love the car every time I get in.

What tire was your OEM's? I only got 15,000 out of mine.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Yep I still have it about to hit 156,000 soon if I have not done so today!
I wonder what caused the cam follower to break, scares me cause I’m Uni stage 1+ too. Can you tell us anything else about your car, original water pump, any oil burning, timing chain, dsg issues. Also what is your build date, just curious?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Has nothing to do with the tune.

Well yes, that makes sense, because it’s not like it has extra load or stress on it from the tune, like the rotating assembly would. Still wondering though, manufacturing defect maybe???

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
40k here. Headunit went at 2k and both rear window regulators at 34k. All covered, not other issues.

Car will be hitting 80k miles next week. Still only the headunit and regulators are the only issues I have had. All early on and covered by warranty.

Car has been tuned since 28k miles.

Do your scheduled maintenance and these are pretty solid cars.

Vwjoes

For the record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk