GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Just found an admap from a car that has lane assist fully calibrated, the dynamic calibration ALWAYS works, and it should look like that:

Dynamic calibration: yaw angle offset -0.095 °

IDE01969 Dynamic calibration: pitch angle offset 0.231 °

IDE01970 Dynamic calibration: roll angle offset 0.687 °

IDE02057 Dynamic calibration: status Passive values stored

IDE07214 Dynamic calibration: camera height offset 0 mm

IDE03354-MAS01632 Dynamic calibration: details-Status No calibration relevant malfunction

IDE03354-MAS02552 Dynamic calibration: details-Distance traveled with active dynamic calibration 1179 km

gc9n

Ready to race!
someone experienced in retrofits , told me to choose a deferent car model (lower than mine) say octavia in the beggining of ODIS manually.
in order the Setpoints of the height to change , thats good solution , but i m a bit skeptical about it because what will happen to the rest of the modules if i choose wrong car , or what will happen to the A5 camera , in the next scan wityh the correct type of car.
propably it will pop an error , i dont know ,

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
someone experienced in retrofits , told me to choose a deferent car model (lower than mine) say octavia in the beggining of ODIS manually.
in order the Setpoints of the height to change , thats good solution , but i m a bit skeptical about it because what will happen to the rest of the modules if i choose wrong car , or what will happen to the A5 camera , in the next scan wityh the correct type of car.
propably it will pop an error , i dont know ,

Im not sure it will let you calibrate, the kodiaq windshield angle is way different than the octavia.

gc9n

Ready to race!
the point is that he is seling the 3d print object. he doesnt share it , just selling the plastic

BUT those pictures made me understand the mistake that i have into my design, the angle of my design is tottaly wrong.
i will make it again

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
the point is that he is seling the 3d print object. he doesnt share it , just selling the plastic

BUT those pictures made me understand the mistake that i have into my design, the angle of my design is tottaly wrong.
i will make it again
Oh, as i said, make it using the OEM Heaters angle.

your bracket should be based on the angle the camera is sitting on the glass.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

gc9n

Ready to race!
this pic is the answer for the angle

Now for your problem , i found that you can inject values into the cameras EEPROM , (the EEPROM is the "hard drive" of microcontrollers) , so you can set your values into it and make her belive that the calibration is done, please start looking for it

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
this pic is the answer for the angle

Now for your problem , i found that you can inject values into the cameras EEPROM , (the EEPROM is the "hard drive" of microcontrollers) , so you can set your values into it and make her belive that the calibration is done, please start looking for it
Is this the bracket the other guy made that you just sent?

Ive heard of this, when i went to get CP Removed at a friends shop he was talking about this, but i think you will need to get chips off the cameras board and i am not that skilled.

I will just fix the offset.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

No way is that safe!

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I have my self all the tools to desolder an SMD , and all the tools to reprogram everything this is what i do.

BUT i wont do that to my camera

Even if i had the tools i wont do that to my camera, I'd rather correct the offset until i get it perfect, which i will do.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I have my self all the tools to desolder an SMD , and all the tools to reprogram everything this is what i do.

BUT i wont do that to my camera

My concern would have been with tricking the camera into thinking it was calibrated when it wasn't. Surely if it won't calibrate normally then it isn't safe.