GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello, new member here, have a question about the 2018+ base(Rabbit also) stereo...

alpha2turbo

Hello, I'm looking at picking up a new GTI in the next week or 2 and have narrowed it down to a left over 2018 SE or a 2019 Rabbit. The closest dealership to me with a Rabbit in stock is almost 2 hrs away so I dont want to drive that far just to look at a stereo. The stereo that comes in the Rabbit is the 6.5" composition color and I was wondering if it displays the gauges like the 8" screen does. I have been searching for weeks and cannot find a single video showing all the options of the 6.5" stereo. Thank you.

videoguy009

Ready to race!
I live in Canada and just bought the 2019 rabbit.It has the 8" screen with the performance monitor.I don't think your version of the Rabbit has that with the 6.5 screen.I did a lot of research on both US and Canadian sites on the Rabbit before I bought it and I am pretty sure it doesn't have it.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
my 17 Sport model with 6.5" shows oil/water temp & boost if I want to.

The 6.5" on the Mk7.5 is different. It is an all-in-one unit behind the glass, whereas your 6.5" on the Mk7 still had the head unit in glove box and the display is just that - display only.

That doesn't mean the 6.5" on the Mk7.5 won't display performance monitors, but it is definitely a completely different type hardware unit with different connectors (even compared to 8" Mk7.5s, which also has separate head unit in glovebox) and you can't rely on Mk7 for comparison.

Will have to wait for a Rabbit owning, non-Canadian member to confirm whether there is performance monitor.

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I wouldn't be surprised if it's not there. SiriusXM is gone, so it's quite possible other stuff got chopped as well.

Really sucks that the Rabbit is hobbled with this turd, while Canada not only got the better full-featured head unit and 8" screen, but also got the Fender upgrade. For less $$.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if it's not there. SiriusXM is gone, so it's quite possible other stuff got chopped as well.

Really sucks that the Rabbit is hobbled with this turd, while Canada not only got the better full-featured head unit and 8" screen, but also got the Fender upgrade. For less $$.

Not only is SiriusXM gone, so is HD radio and station icons.