GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gearbox Oil Change

redcar

Can anyone comment on this?.
I phoned up Eastern Western VW at Kinnaird Park, Edinburgh , For a quote for a gearbox oil and filter change on my car
A 63 GOLF SE BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY 1.6TDI 105PS 7SPD 5dr DSG.
I was quoted £204 and I agreed, took the car to the garage on the agreed morning and left it. When I returned in the afternoon I was told by service advisor that when the mechanic went to collect the car, he said it did not need an oil change as it was a 7SPD gearbox. I asked if it would never need a change and he said no I thought that it was strange but accepted it and brought the car home. I questioned everyone I know and they have never heard of this .
This happened a few weeks ago and the booking was done by phone and I cant remember the advisor's name .
I am going to give them a ring but would like any feedback I can get.

Thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
VW state for DSG codes:-
02E, 0D9 change oil every 60,000km
0DD, 0DL, 0BH change oil & filter very 60,000km
0GC change oil every 120,000km..

The 7speed DSG clutch are "dry plate" (6speed are "wet plate"), but they still have gearbox oil & separate hydraulic fluid for the mechatronics...

& that's from the VW workshop manuals....

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Can anyone comment on this?.
I phoned up Eastern Western VW at Kinnaird Park, Edinburgh , For a quote for a gearbox oil and filter change on my car
A 63 GOLF SE BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY 1.6TDI 105PS 7SPD 5dr DSG.
I was quoted £204 and I agreed, took the car to the garage on the agreed morning and left it. When I returned in the afternoon I was told by service advisor that when the mechanic went to collect the car, he said it did not need an oil change as it was a 7SPD gearbox. I asked if it would never need a change and he said no I thought that it was strange but accepted it and brought the car home. I questioned everyone I know and they have never heard of this .
This happened a few weeks ago and the booking was done by phone and I cant remember the advisor's name .
I am going to give them a ring but would like any feedback I can get.

Thanks

They're right - it doesn't need an oil change.

vaf888

I am getting mine done at present. 45k miles

Being done with a major service. Got them down to 440 all in for both. Originally quoted 530

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk