GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thayer Auto VW, any opinions?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Hello,
These guys have a certified GTI I may fly out to Detroit and buy. Before I do, anyone have info/opinions on this dealer?
My biggest concern is getting there and finding a bad clutch. On two local test drives, one had a bad clutch, one was okay.
TIA
Rick

Panhead48

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI

If it is VW certified the you get another 2 years and 24,000 miles added to the warranty. I bought a 2016 GTI in Maryland that was VW certified and when the dealer here put the serial # in his computer all the information was there.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
If it is VW certified the you get another 2 years and 24,000 miles added to the warranty. I bought a 2016 GTI in Maryland that was VW certified and when the dealer here put the serial # in his computer all the information was there.

OP is concerned about a bad clutch. Even though the vehicle is certified, there might be some initial slipping which might still pass dealer inspection. Clutch is a consumable and i dont think will be covered under certified warranty.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
OP is concerned about a bad clutch. Even though the vehicle is certified, there might be some initial slipping which might still pass dealer inspection. Clutch is a consumable and i dont think will be covered under certified warranty.

Yes to this^

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Interesting...that's my local dealer (5-10 minutes away from me) and I know the manager there too (he runs both new & used cars).

I've had good sales experiences there though, although only with new cars