GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deautokey LED license plate light

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Long story short, I ordered the full LED housing from Deautokey a while back. Worked fine but then I got a "Check license plate light" or something like that recently. Found out I ordered the wrong one, should've got the one with built in resistors because I have LP with auto on/off headlights. Ordered the "right" ones and received two days ago. Went to install it, but then realized I threw away the old stock housing/bulbs, so I can't use [emoji30]
Will work with 2015-2017 GTI with auto on/off headlights. Purchased for $44, selling for $32 shipped via USPS w/insurance. PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Have you tried using vcds/OBDeleven to code out the error of the first version you got? Make sure you make a backup of the current values first.

Here's ShopDAP's guide:
(taken from https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/part-2-license-plate-lights-of-the-dap-mk7-gti-build.html)
6. Select “Cent. Elec” (sometimes you have to click it a couple times if it initial says that it’s not installed, eventually it will come up)
7. Select “Security*Access - 16” and Enter*31347*into the pop up. If you mess up, there is a 10 minute delay with the car on before you can try again. Apply and go back to the “Cent Elec”*module*menu.
8. Select “Adaptation - 10”*
9. Select “Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25” from Drop-Down list as the value to be replaced
10. Select “41 -*LED*Keinleistung” as the new value
11. Apply the change and close / disconnect VCDS
12. Shut off car
13. When you restart car, no error should pop up

All this is doing is telling the car that the bulb type is different (assuming you went from halogen to LED).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk