GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Custom OBDeleven holder insert for glovebox

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Installed mine yesterday and fits perfectly. Easy install. I wonder how it will handle in hot weather. I got a 3D printed go pro mount from a forum member on Camaro 5 and it started to expand from the heat. Still works fine, but the visor doesn’t stay secured as secured since it expanded.

I've had mine installed throughout all of the summer (New England, so hot and humid, and no shaded parking) and it has neither shrunk nor expanded in any noticeable or functional way.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I've had mine installed throughout all of the summer (New England, so hot and humid, and no shaded parking) and it has neither shrunk nor expanded in any noticeable or functional way.

That’s good to hear. Thanks!

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
That’s good to hear. Thanks!

The retainer clips built into the design flex quite bit, this is how it can snap in and remain in place, and the clips are always tensioned. So if the plastic expands in the heat of summer, any changes in tolerances will just be taken up by the flex in those clips. At least in theory!

dv/dt

I'm making my OBDelholster 3D file publicly available for anyone who wants to make one.

I created a new thread for it: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48650

You are awesome! I was just going through the thread and started to get sad that I was going to miss out on another batch! I'll try printing this out in PETG and see if it stands up to the heat of summer.

Thanks again for being awesome and releasing this to the public!

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone on here able to print one of these and ship it? I just found this and i am interested though I do not have a 3d printer. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
If you click on the thingaverse link provided by southpaw there is an "order this printed" link that will give you a few online print service options. You can have it printed and shipped to you.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48650

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited: