GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another is38 victim

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I went L450...good to see more people running both options. We'll get some good comparisons soon.

Railroader and I were within 1whp on our IS38 setups. :D
At least we have a base now when we dyno the new turbos for comparison, I only have one dyno in town so it will all be on the same dyno lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So are the IS38s installed in GTI’s more prone to blowing out than the stock ones in a tuned R? If thats the case, whats the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So are the IS38s installed in GTI’s more prone to blowing out than the stock ones in a tuned R? If thats the case, whats the deal?

How aggressive the tune is makes the difference, not R vs Gti

Either way the IHI turbos aren’t known for reliability

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Sorry bro just an inherentl problem with is38. I beat the hell out of mine pretty much maxed out so it was only a matter of time.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Part that sucks was car was running great and the log looks good to up until pop. Making good power lol.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It’ll be back and stronger than ever soon enough :cool:
Ya I know I just hate driving my beater honda lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie
DBV2 will buy the blown is38. I also have an is20 and is38 wastegates lying around both new in case you or hoon want to buy them so you can sell your turbo complete. either works just fine.
Appreciate it, I'll probably just keep my is38 wastegate and decide later what to do with the is38. In the process now of removing stuff, pull charge pipe of the ic, post ic that goes to throttle body and no evidence of any material yet, I'm going to pull the dp right now

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok here it is, not the best pics, was done with my bore scope, thinking everything shot out the exhaust but I'll find out.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Why is everyone blowing their sh*t?? Did VW hide a hidden time bomb in the long coding to keep us hooked for more!!?? Answers MOM

Praying all went out that cb, but knowing mk7s I'm sure it more than likely did. Seriously reviewing the tomioka now

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Some other pics

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Looks like Ramons. You'll find the wheel in the muffler. Clean out everything real well. Clean the map and put sensors well. Probably have to do those a few times. It'll smoke for a week.
Just did the exhaust on it lol, I'll have to check, it's a straight through muffler. So do you all recommend tacking the ic off and flushing it out.