GOLFMKV

FS: Custom OBDeleven holder insert for glovebox

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Update for batch two orders:

batch two prints have arrived...

Sanding and painting now...

Then the OBD port gets glued in...

Since there were 27 orders in this batch, it's not possible for me to get them all out this week. I will complete about half of these by Tuesday and will ship then... the remainder should be finished by the end of the week, and should ship by Saturday. I will ship these in the order in which requests came in.

If you've been put on the list for batch two and haven't pre-paid yet, please do so (there are three that I am still waiting on), or those units will be set aside for those on the list for batch three.

BIGCUMINSTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Update for batch two orders:

batch two prints have arrived...

Sanding and painting now...

Then the OBD port gets glued in...

Since there were 27 orders in this batch, it's not possible for me to get them all out this week. I will complete about half of these by Tuesday and will ship then... the remainder should be finished by the end of the week, and should ship by Saturday. I will ship these in the order in which requests came in.

If you've been put on the list for batch two and haven't pre-paid yet, please do so (there are three that I am still waiting on), or those units will be set aside for those on the list for batch three.

Put on the list for batch 2. How do I pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I'm in the process of getting 27 units from batch 2 packaged and shipped :eek:.

This project has taken me way more time than I had predicted or wanted. Once these ship, I will have to up-price batch 3 and/or provide a DIY option at the existing price (such as shipping the buyer the raw 3D printed insert + OBD port, and letting the customer sand/paint/epoxy the port in place). I spent several hours with the palm sander on this batch... then there's washing, drying, prepping for paint, and sanding between two paint coats.

bigdave79

Ready to race!
I'm in the process of getting 27 units from batch 2 packaged and shipped :eek:.

This project has taken me way more time than I had predicted or wanted. Once these ship, I will have to up-price batch 3 and/or provide a DIY option at the existing price (such as shipping the buyer the raw 3D printed insert + OBD port, and letting the customer sand/paint/epoxy the port in place). I spent several hours with the palm sander on this batch... then there's washing, drying, prepping for paint, and sanding between two paint coats.
I think I'm on batch 3, right? What will the adjusted pricing be?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I think I'm on batch 3, right? What will the adjusted pricing be?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes you're on the list for batch 3.

I was thinking of two options:

• $20 shipped, just the raw parts. Buyer sands, paints (freedom to paint any color ;)) and epoxies port to back of insert. Note that a palm sander is required to remove the surface irregularities; hand sanding would be too difficult. Some may not even care about the surface appearance, as it is inside the glovebox and not really noticeable.
  • $30 shipped, finished product as in previous batches.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ditto on $30 finished batch 3. Just take my money already. Thanks for the hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGCUMINSTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes you're on the list for batch 3.

I was thinking of two options:

• $20 shipped, just the raw parts. Buyer sands, paints (freedom to paint any color ;)) and epoxies port to back of insert. Note that a palm sander is required to remove the surface irregularities; hand sanding would be too difficult. Some may not even care about the surface appearance, as it is inside the glovebox and not really noticeable.
  • $30 shipped, finished product as in previous batches.

I would to pay 35 for finished product. Do you have PayPal account I pay to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Just checked my dm, lmk where to send the money to. These things are selling like hot cakes southpaw. Im pretty sure I'm batch 3. 30$ is a steal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk