GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Scoop Hose Question

cdmorenot88

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself. And I apologise for the long post.

Purchased a MK7 Facelift 1.4 T - South American Spec - Adaptive LED headlights, Fender Audio - Moved to Colombia to open up a South American office of my e-commerce business and needed something to move around.

Originally from Northern NJ - Previous Cars include 09 Passat, 12 CC , 12 Jetta, 13 WRX, 15 335 and a few more - Import Taxes down here are insane (At today's exchange rate my 1.4T was around $27K and financing here is virtually non existent so I had to pony up the cash)

Thanks to the search function and Google I figured out what I'll be doing to the car to make it a little more fun.

As is, it is plenty fast (by this country's standards which is full of 900cc Chevy Sparks) and plenty of torque but when you come from the US and are used to a different type of car, plenty just isn't enough ...

I'll be doing UNI Stage 1, I chose UNI because of the support of the local dealer. Map isn't quite ready yet and I've been working on collecting data logs and a few things to send up to HQ so hopefully that happens soon. Revo has experience with this motor and set up in Europe but the dealer was a butt hole.

Ordered CTS Turbo intake which should be here this week (Shipping time from Canada into my lockbox in the USA and then forwarding down here takes ages)

H&R on Koni and perhaps 10mm spacers for the rear (This version is slightly higher off the ground than ROW) and finally replace the stock Bridgestone EL300 with Michelin PS4 ...

Just looking to make the car slightly more responsive and easier to throw around corners - Commute to my office is an adventure of twists and turns.

One thing I wasn't able to figure out is a small hose which hangs from the air intake box at the front of the car - It appears to have a small "valve" which let's air out but not in ... Any feedback appreciated before I read apart the intake set up when I install the CTS this week.

Thanks !!

20181014_160946.jpeg20181014_160716.jpeg20181014_160703.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That's the water drain valve for the pipework between the slam panel inlet & the air box..stops the engine sucking air from engine bay..& drains any water that gets into the intake pipework

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
golfdave is a great source for your build.

I was wondering why Columbia over Panama, which uses the USD and is protected.

cdmorenot88

Passed Driver's Ed
That's the water drain valve for the pipework between the slam panel inlet & the air box..stops the engine sucking air from engine bay..& drains any water that gets into the intake pipework
Thank you so much! Makes plenty of sense now. I appreciate it.

cdmorenot88

Passed Driver's Ed
golfdave is a great source for your build.

I was wondering why Columbia over Panama, which uses the USD and is protected.
Hey boss! Thank you for stopping by.

I chose Colombia for a couple of different reasons - I'm of Colombian descent so the double citizenship made it much easier to get the business up and running.

I specialize in a niche market which is thriving down here (prepaid Telecom) and over time I was able to build enough connections down here to hit the ground running. And combined with the strength of USD vs COP allows me to grow at a monster rate.

The fact this place is gorgeous and the weather is amazing doesn't bother me either ! Of course USA is home and I'll eventually run shop remotely but for now this will do.

All the best.