GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps For Golf R Only

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
Just got mine the other day from Amazon UK and I have to say the quality is great. No flashing or mould flaws and the fit is fine.

Like ecsta mentioned I don't think the third screw is needed so I just stuck with the two factory T-20 fixing points.

I took the mudguard install as a reason to rotate the wheels, clean'em up nice, check tread depth, etc. The front mudguards can be installed with the wheels on but probably not the rears.

They look good on my Tornado Red R and they are certainly worth the $40.:D

Golf R1

Ready to race!
Just inadvertently ordered two pairs. I'll have an extra pair once they arrive in a week or two. PM me if you haven't ordered yet and would like the extra set.

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine are still in transit. Supposed to arrive Wednesday this week. Glad to hear about the quality and looking forward to having a set that doesn’t look like flat aftermarket flaps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AusLin

New wheels and mudflaps :)

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good. Same color R as mine. I haven’t had time to put mine on yet but plan to in a few days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
I have a set, never installed. $40 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ayao

Passed Driver's Ed
New MK7 member here - recently became the owner of an R.

I've just received the Amazon UK pieces and am bumping this thread to see how the mudflaps have held up for those who have installed using 2 screws instead of 3?

The other thing I was thinking about doing was drilling a hole or two into the floor of the hollow portion of the flap (water could enter from above) that would allow any water that collects inside the mudflap to drain out rather than be retained. Maybe overthinking and overkill?

Weird i didn't get any screwed in mine, i'll have to double check the box in the garbage bin that i didn't miss it haha.

If it wasn't for the Chinese stamps on the plastic i would have thought they were VW OEM. They look perfect.

Still have to fit them but i think i'll skip the third screw and see how they hold up with just the 2 oem ones. If they're loose then i'll add it in. Anyone done that?

Just got mine the other day from Amazon UK and I have to say the quality is great. No flashing or mould flaws and the fit is fine.

Like ecsta mentioned I don't think the third screw is needed so I just stuck with the two factory T-20 fixing points.

I took the mudguard install as a reason to rotate the wheels, clean'em up nice, check tread depth, etc. The front mudguards can be installed with the wheels on but probably not the rears.

They look good on my Tornado Red R and they are certainly worth the $40.:D

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
New MK7 member here - recently became the owner of an R.

I've just received the Amazon UK pieces and am bumping this thread to see how the mudflaps have held up for those who have installed using 2 screws instead of 3?

The other thing I was thinking about doing was drilling a hole or two into the floor of the hollow portion of the flap (water could enter from above) that would allow any water that collects inside the mudflap to drain out rather than be retained. Maybe overthinking and overkill?

Never put mine on haha. With some of the potholes im worried they'll just rip off and cause more damage than they'd prevent. I received them though and they look/feel the same as the OEM ones.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
What oem mudflaps will work on a 2018 Golf R? I saw somewhere online that GTI mudflaps would work, but not sure about the Part numbers and if it’s accurate

SkinnyVinny

I tried Mk7 GTI mudflaps from both VW and a chinese company- they do not work-chinese ones for sale if anyone is interested. I ended up buying the chinese R style, and they work well- fit good.