GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2

jimboski10

Ready to race!
I have a 2015 GTI with DSG and have the APR stage 1 tune and DSG tune. With this setup, tires like to crack free.

With APR Stage 2, is it a noticeable power difference?
Will the tires even stick with throttle, or just constantly break free?
Rough cost for stage 2?
Will it bust up the trans? Or severely increase repair costs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Do you have the original tires? If so, I'd suggest getting a better set of tires first. APR is boost/torque happy meaning the tune has max torque hit something like under 4K rpms and that's why you can't get traction. Get better tires and a better tune like a protune which will have a more linear/smoother power increase.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Tires and mounts make all the difference

Minimum requirements with any tune should be a dog bone insert, for best results all three engine/transmission mounts

BFI is the original and still the best. 60,000 on mine with zero issues

jimboski10

Ready to race!
I am running Mich Pilot Sport A/S3

GTI. Jake...which specific mounts make the most difference? What is a dog bone mount? Where do I get one?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Black Forest Industries aka BFI is the only ones I recommend.

Stage 1 for less NVH and good performance

Or stage 2 for all out performance if you’re less worried about added NVH. That’s what I run and it’s honestly not bad after 1,000 miles they “break in” a little and are fine for a daily unless you’re sensitive to noise as it will transfer more into the cabin

Review of them and dkm stage three clutch here:

https://youtu.be/_vf1l0nbyL4

Subscribe and check out the channel if you don’t mind (it’s nothing impressive but lots of mk7 content)

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Black Forest Industries aka BFI is the only ones I recommend.

Stage 1 for less NVH and good performance

Or stage 2 for all out performance if you’re less worried about added NVH. That’s what I run and it’s honestly not bad after 1,000 miles they “break in” a little and are fine for a daily unless you’re sensitive to noise as it will transfer more into the cabin

Review of them and dkm stage three clutch here:

https://youtu.be/_vf1l0nbyL4

Subscribe and check out the channel if you don’t mind (it’s nothing impressive but lots of mk7 content)

Thanks !

Hoon

Autocross Champion
The BFI S2 are awesome for performance, but in hindsight I'd do the S1.

The vibration doesn't bother me but the drivetrain noise is a bit much for my personal taste.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
I don't think you can bust you trans by spinning tires while driving. If you launch your car that may cause more damage. I would make sure abs is completely off before attempting either/or to protect yourself from any damage.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I was not that impressed between stage one and two for Apr. Their stage one is very aggressive and pretty good. I did not notice much, now stock to stage one is incredible..

jimboski10

Ready to race!
I was not that impressed between stage one and two for Apr. Their stage one is very aggressive and pretty good. I did not notice much, now stock to stage one is incredible..

Thanks Twist for the perspective....given the cost for stage 2 vs. gain, not sure I want to invest the $

Ghawkins

Ready to race!

Thanks for the report. You convinced me to stay with Stage One for my ‘15 SE. Sure wish I had the two door though. I am too old and too tall to pivot around the B post or look through the back window at intersections.