GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSB upgrade and clunk / loose noise

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
I ran the stock endlinks for close to a week with the 034 rsb...didnt last past that...the one bolt snapped on the endlink...luckily i was able to get the super pro endlinks the day it happened...never had an issue since

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I ran the stock endlinks for close to a week with the 034 rsb...didnt last past that...the one bolt snapped on the endlink...luckily i was able to get the super pro endlinks the day it happened...never had an issue since
I honestly think this is the solution.

Better endlinks but also better hardware and bolts make a big difference...

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Endlinks to RSB = 35lbft
RSB to subframe = 50lbft

(I think)

I have a clunk too after install. Does anyone have a FSM that can confirm the torque values here? I just looked at 034's install guide and they say;

Endlinks to RSB is 35Nm (25.8ftlb)
RSB brackets to subframe is 28Nm (20.7ftlb)

These seem low to me but I have nothing to base it on

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!
had a similar issue with the ST bar
Used blue loctite and tq down all the bolts
problem solved

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I have a clunk too after install. Does anyone have a FSM that can confirm the torque values here? I just looked at 034's install guide and they say;

Endlinks to RSB is 35Nm (25.8ftlb)
RSB brackets to subframe is 28Nm (20.7ftlb)

These seem low to me but I have nothing to base it on

Endlink to RSB 55Nm (41 ft lbs)
RSB to subframe 20 Nm plus 90 degree (TTY bolt = stretch bolt = one time use)

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
had a similar issue with the ST bar
Used blue loctite and tq down all the bolts
problem solved
Hey,

when you used thread lock, did you use it on RSB and bolts/nuts for the top and lower end links ?

The reason i ask is, my shit keeps getting loose after barely driven for 10 mins, same as the OP and shit gets clunking

I have 034 RSB + Moog end links

Thanks!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
You all are tightening everything up with the suspension loaded, right?

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
You all are tightening everything up with the suspension loaded, right?
nope, my mechanic refuses to do that. i might ask again on Wednesday as a "favor" =_= as the noise came back again

034 RSB (SKU: 034-402-1008) installation guide does not state to have the suspension loaded, just jack stand or lift. But i do have Moog endlinks, instead of 034 or OEM

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
nope, my mechanic refuses to do that. i might ask again on Wednesday as a "favor" =_= as the noise came back again

034 RSB (SKU: 034-402-1008) installation guide does not state to have the suspension loaded, just jack stand or lift. But i do have Moog endlinks, instead of 034 or OEM
Suspension loaded is the best way to tighten down everything. Had an issue with the endlink to arm coming loose, had to crawl under there on the driveway incline and tightened it up. Just used two crescent wrenches and torqued it down as hard as I could as getting a torque wrench in there wouldn't be possible with the rear spring - I have a wagon though, so YMMV.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Suspension loaded is the best way to tighten down everything. Had an issue with the endlink to arm coming loose, had to crawl under there on the driveway incline and tightened it up. Just used two crescent wrenches and torqued it down as hard as I could as getting a torque wrench in there wouldn't be possible with the rear spring - I have a wagon though, so YMMV.
I have the ST bar and Moog endlinks. Tightened everything by hand with the car on ramps. No noises, because it's tight AF.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
I have the ST bar and Moog endlinks. Tightened everything by hand with the car on ramps. No noises, because it's tight AF.
Guys! I got some time today, got myself 18+15mm rachet, and did it on ramps! :)

So i did it as tight as I could my hand did hurt just for little bit after LOL. Only the passenger end link got some slack, around ~1 full turn.
all my bolts + nuts are re-used

My question is for the both of you, have you guys had the end link loosen since, over time etc? Esp with the Moog ?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Mine are still tight. Not sure on the mileage, but it has to be more than 10k.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T