GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI or 2018 WRX Pros and Cons Please

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I wasnt very happy with my stock exhaust and kinda solved the issue by adding AWE track exhaust. And all those minor mods should not bring in anything serious like a TD1 in VWs database.

MT vs DSG has been discussed in several threads and finally it narrows down to personal choice. You cant go wrong with either of those. Only additional maintenance with DSG is gearbox flush at every 40k miles.

Edge-man

I wasnt very happy with my stock exhaust and kinda solved the issue by adding AWE track exhaust. And all those minor mods should not bring in anything serious like a TD1 in VWs database.

MT vs DSG has been discussed in several threads and finally it narrows down to personal choice. You cant go wrong with either of those. Only additional maintenance with DSG is gearbox flush at every 40k miles.

+ 1 on all of this ^^^^^

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
I enjoy everyones feedback and it is helping me do my research. So if i go GTI no flash or tune until the warranty is over. I still want to mod the car, that is something i enjoy very much no matter how big or small the mod is. So hopefully this will not lead to any warranty issues being denied i have been looking at Catbacks, Turbo intake hose to the factory air box, a drop in filter, and maybe some charge pipes. Like i stated, i like some noise from a car, not staight piped honda loud, but some nice tone. I may even look into a BOV also.

Also was looking at a Manual, but can anyone direct me to certain posts about the DSG that would give info and why or why not, service issues, maintaince requirements and so on.

Do a search of APR dealers and see if any's a VW dealership, or see which local dealer is mod friendly

Problem solved

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold