GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
uni stage 1 tcu solved it and made the car less jerky. sport mode shifts at 4k RPM on normal driving.

I'm fully aware, but I'm in college and already stretching my budget to own the car as-is. Cannot afford any kinds of repairs while under warranty period, so it's staying stock. Just bums me out because my mom has a 2011 CC with a 6 speed DSG and the programming in that car is so much better :(. If my car's DSG was like my mom's, I wouldn't even need to get a DSG tune.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I can understand hating country cyclists, I mean, who doesn't hate coming up on 20 bicycles at 6 am when you're trying to tear up the back roads. :D

But in the City it's a valid way to get around, provided they're actually following the rules of the road.

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!
Anyone figure out how to set it to shuffle within a genre by default when playing media files through a device (SD, USB, etc.)? I have to manually go back to the genre listing, select the genre, select shuffle... every time. 1st world problems? Yes. Annoying? Yes. My '14 Mustang with crappy Sync 2 had this, plus more voice commands.

mattd502

Ready to race!
My drivers window make a weird noise rolling down, only one that does it and it's very quiet but I hear it and it bothers me every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I'm fully aware, but I'm in college and already stretching my budget to own the car as-is. Cannot afford any kinds of repairs while under warranty period, so it's staying stock. Just bums me out because my mom has a 2011 CC with a 6 speed DSG and the programming in that car is so much better :(. If my car's DSG was like my mom's, I wouldn't even need to get a DSG tune.

I find it's only jerky in the low-speed near idle movements. Otherwise, manual mode and sport mode are the jam. Reducing the starting vibration via obd11 also helps decrease that jerkiness in low-speed stuff. I realize driving technique can also come into play here. I find if you let off accelerator before shifting you're not helping the transmission be smooth (no-lift between shifts is the key to DSG, in my experience). I learned about this when i had a mk5 jetta. There was a really good vw vortex post around how best to drive and understand the dsg. (Found the post: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-DSG-Game-and-Win-DSG-Driving-Tips-and-Tricks)

slow12s

Ready to race!
I love the car...overall...but after about 6 months of ownership, I definitely have a few issues with it

1) My sunroof screen doesn't close all the way, there is a very small gap that let's just enough sunlight in to annoy me...I've looked at how this closes when the glass is open and it runs right into the gasket...having not had sunroof leaking issues so far (knocks on wood), I'm weary to have them fix this)...but the sunroof cover will slowly open up to about an inch when I'm driving hard since it doesn't seem to close fully

2) Having 2 door stops instead of 3 kinda sucks...I know people have started retrofitting the Jetta doorstops to fix this, but still an annoyance and something I'd rather not do right now

3) The 1-2 shift isn't super smooth...I've been driving manuals for 18 years and haven't had a car that is this "rough" from the factory...every other gear is fine, the 1-2 shift is generally fine when I drive it, but if I'm not being really careful, or if someone else is driving my car, I notice that the 1-2 shift is almost always a little jerky (and I have a clutch stop, short shifter, bleeder delay and clutch spring removal done)

4) CarPlay/MIB2 is a little buggy, but I need to go to the dealership for the update so I am not really counting this against the car too much

5) The trunk lining on the CarGo floor seems to come off very slowly when using the L shaped organizer cubes that velcro on (something that didn't happen in my previous VW)

6) The half LED/half bs lighting setup even with the lighting package is a little annoying...already replaced the license plate and reverse lights with deAutoKey LED's, will be adding their cornering H7 bulbs also and eventually going with some LED taillights - the brake lights/turn signals are also not incredibly bright compared to other cars

7) To go along with 6, the way the lights operate in the US is not the best for safety IMO...All the lights should light up when braking and the turn signals can be more clear...I know this can be remedied through VCDS and/or OBD11 (another soon to do)

8) To somewhat add to the above 2, the blind spot monitoring system is total bulls&^%...the orange markers in your mirrors blend with the orange that is exposed from your mirror turn signal which can cause a false positive in your head while driving...remedy so far is to tape up the exposed part of the turn signal...they also aren't incredibly bright which can also be remedied through OBD11, but something IMO that should be better from the factory

Honestly I probably have a few other gripes about the car that I'm not even thinking about or that are too minor to list, but it's one of the best cars I've owned as far as general driving happiness in every category. I don't need to convince you guys though ;)

Derf

Ready to race!
Glad other people have noticed this rattle. It really does sound like something is breaking if you close the door when a window is down. Surely that's a design flaw somewhere.

I just checked on all 4 of my doors with window partially and fully down- no sound that is any different from window up. Rather than a design flaw, I think you have an assembly flaw. Maybe you should bring it in for a look-over.

_dvorak

Ready to race!
I just checked on all 4 of my doors with window partially and fully down- no sound that is any different from window up. Rather than a design flaw, I think you have an assembly flaw. Maybe you should bring it in for a look-over.

I have the same rattle as does my friend who also has a mk7.

takemorepills

Ready to race!

I also have no window rattles.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
The driver door creaks when I open it or close it slowly, there is a rattle coming from the passenger side dash, and the steering has been off center since I got the car.

I got the car 2 weeks and 800 miles ago.