GOLFMKV

Why are Mini Coopers so expensive?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Oooo, very nice though!

Thanks.

Speaking of the BBS LM's, I'm pulling out of a parking spot at the gym one day, some dude in a big Benz stops behind me, rolls down his window and asks "are those REAL LM's??", to which I reply, "yes". He smiles, nods, takes off. Pretty sure there aren't a lot of Mini's running around on LM's, real or fake. Tough to find in 17".

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I like the size and the general quality of the cars. Don't like the price for what you end up getting, largely because a chunk of that value comes from appreciating the oddities of the interior design, and I don't really like the interior design.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Thanks.

Speaking of the BBS LM's, I'm pulling out of a parking spot at the gym one day, some dude in a big Benz stops behind me, rolls down his window and asks "are those REAL LM's??", to which I reply, "yes". He smiles, nods, takes off. Pretty sure there aren't a lot of Mini's running around on LM's, real or fake. Tough to find in 17".

I don't think it's a stretch to say there aren't many cars period, running around on real LM's lol.
I will own a set one day...one day....

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
The new minis look like small wagons.
I like the rear doors on this model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
I'm not going to lie, I have driven one (even the wifey test drove a MiniClubman S) it was sweet. If they didn't cost so much, and me having to lose my MAN CARD, i would have one now. The last one i drove was stiffer than my old EVO X, and handled awesome.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I’ve had two, a 2007 S coupe and currently a 2011 vert S. Both driven hard, maintained, zero issues! I can’t say that for my 330, 535 or X3. I will never buy another BMW. I like my dealer service in Peabody, Mass. I have not modified either of my Minis. Best buy on one is slightly used, people buy them new and end up not liking the choppy ride and the small interiors. Nothing like the convertible on a warm summer night with the stars out!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I see them everywhere here in So Cal. I drove a couple of them back in 2005. One stock and another with some Koni struts. Fun cars to drive. I did look at them briefly when before I bought my GTI.

Swoope

Ready to race!
Has anyone driven a JCW ? Impressions?

i have a track friend that has a 13 miniGP. it is one step up from the JCW. it is amazing on the track. i drove it for two laps, told him to turn off the nannys and the car just rocks..

but as good as it is. it is only if you buy it used. the prices are stupid.

beers

Patagonian

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a JCW R58 Coupe and it was easily the best handling car I've ever owned. From A to B across country it was probably quicker than my current GTI PP but........the ride was appalling which is why it eventually had to go. My wife would always insist on taking her car if we did long trips which meant it never really got the use it should have.
Obviously the run flats contribute to that and I was thinking of swapping them out for conventional tyres but never got around to trying that.
The hard plastic interior was always a bit of a letdown for me in a car that was a premium price.
But I do miss the crackle when changing down :-(

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
They are fun to drive, but if you think they are expensive, wait for the service costs! My wife had a Mini S with the flappy paddle transmission. It was her DD and she ran it at SCCA HPDEs at Road Atlanta. It started shifting like sludge. The dealer said the transmission oil & filter needed to be changed. That would be $3,500!?!?! It seems the transmission oil pan did not have a drain plug and the filter was inside the pan. That sat on top of one of the crossmembers. To change the transmission oil/filter required pulling the engine/transmission! We verified that with a different dealer and traded it in on a Veloster.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
They are fun to drive, but if you think they are expensive, wait for the service costs! My wife had a Mini S with the flappy paddle transmission. It was her DD and she ran it at SCCA HPDEs at Road Atlanta. It started shifting like sludge. The dealer said the transmission oil & filter needed to be changed. That would be $3,500!?!?! It seems the transmission oil pan did not have a drain plug and the filter was inside the pan. That sat on top of one of the crossmembers. To change the transmission oil/filter required pulling the engine/transmission! We verified that with a different dealer and traded it in on a Veloster.

Idk if their automatic transmissions are weak or not, but I have a shot right shoulder that needs surgery, so, even though I enjoy a manual, that’s really out of the question for me.