EQT install tomorrow! Straight 92 pump tune with Ed and AP! Wish me luck

Is Ed installing it to?

I just installed my HPFP today:D

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I live in Seattle area - having Achtuning do it

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered mine, not putting it on for awhile till I get maestro and a fuel pump.

Navi

Autocross Champion
ECS has sent me those bolts also when I upgraded my turbo.. I didn't use them but I suspect they are for the lower pendulum because the vw repair manual says to remove those bolts so that you have more play in the engine movement to remove the turbo. It also recommends a ratcheting nylon tie (like the ones on big rig semis to tie down their payload) to pull the engine forward lol. I didn't use them. All I used were the gaskets and new turbo bolts. I asked around and no one replaced the studs. Actually now that I think about it, the repair manual doesn't say to replace them. It only says to replace the bolts on the turbo studs. It also says to use heat resistant anti seize. I used the one from VW and it was like 30 or 40 bucks.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
ECS has sent me those bolts also when I upgraded my turbo.. I didn't use them but I suspect they are for the lower pendulum because the vw repair manual says to remove those bolts so that you have more play in the engine movement to remove the turbo. It also recommends a ratcheting nylon tie (like the ones on big rig semis to tie down their payload) to pull the engine forward lol. I didn't use them. All I used were the gaskets and new turbo bolts. I asked around and no one replaced the studs. Actually now that I think about it, the repair manual doesn't say to replace them. It only says to replace the bolts on the turbo studs. It also says to use heat resistant anti seize. I used the one from VW and it was like 30 or 40 bucks.

I strongly recommend anti-seize on the bolt that holds the support bracket to the turbine.

Unreal how tight that thing got on my IS38. I'm sure i slightly over tightened it to begin with, but it just completely siezed in there. I was VERY close to having to cut the bracket and grind the head of the bolt off.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Results with a bit of ethanol following lpfp install:

Last edited:

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
was that the most E you could run with the HPFP/LPFP combo?

There is headroom for higher ethanol content but I really planned on running E30 daily / E85 for track and this setup can't quite provide enough fuel for E85 (would probably need MPI).

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

This was E36. There was still some headroom, but this is a convenient mix (5 gallons of E85, 9.5 Gallons E10). I think the system could support close to E50, but it might be pushing it a bit.

I'm going to experiment with higher ethanol mixes on my car to find the limit.

-- Ed

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie

There is headroom for higher ethanol content but I really planned on running E30 daily / E85 for track and this setup can't quite provide enough fuel for E85 (would probably need MPI).

UM tune with flex fuel option can run full 100% E85. (with only a upgraded LPFP). not sure if you have to have MPI. but for future turbo upgrades and cleaning of valves good to have it. but $$$..

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Pulled the trigger on this turbo. :eek: My indecisiveness has had me bouncing around for months trying to decide what direction to go. I finally slapped myself and started looking again last night, and said EFF it. Turbo purchased with pro-tune option. Now to go buy maestro stuff, and intercooler.

Ed,

I'll probably be sending you an e-mail in a few, as I have some questions (I'm currently deployed and my car is at my friend's performance shop)

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Pulled the trigger on this turbo. :eek: My indecisiveness has had me bouncing around for months trying to decide what direction to go. I finally slapped myself and started looking again last night, and said EFF it. Turbo purchased with pro-tune option. Now to go buy maestro stuff, and intercooler.

Ed,

I'll probably be sending you an e-mail in a few, as I have some questions (I'm currently deployed and my car is at my friend's performance shop)

Maestro stuff???

Ed tunes on Cobb, I don't think he uses Maestro. I'm sure he can correct me if I'm wrong.