GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Snow tires, when are you putting them on?

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Mine went on this past Saturday. And winter tires will not just melt if temperatures happen to get into the 60s or 70s for a few days. It's not that sensitive lol.
I know people that ran winter tires all year round (mainly due to laziness) and they still lasted a good 3-4 years before getting to the wear bars.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Mine went on this past Saturday. And winter tires will not just melt if temperatures happen to get into the 60s or 70s for a few days. It's not that sensitive lol.
I know people that ran winter tires all year round (mainly due to laziness) and they still lasted a good 3-4 years before getting to the wear bars.

Oh, I never said they melted, just what I do know is they're not optimal in warmer weather, though if they last a good 3-4 years, should be fine xD

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Did you put them on today? What happens if it gets too warm? I have blizzaks ws70

ah yeah youre right they do melt if it gets too warm...

:p:D

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie

You can't say something will last 3-4 years when it's a wear item based on mileage driven.. winter tires wouldn't last me to the end of july if I just kept them on I drive 25k a year.

am215

Ready to race!
put mine on Monday before even realizing they're calling for snow tomorrow.

quite a difference going from a sub 40lb wheel/tire setup to whatever the stock austins + 235/40 winter tires weigh. at least it's more comfortable

ardailey

Car(s)
2017 GSW S 4motion
MA-PA Commuter (Sorta)

I just put a set of gifted studded Nokian Hakkapeliittas on the 2017 ÜberWagen S 4motion mounted on highly sought after Passat rims. Looking forward to some fun in the snow.

Attachments

• UberWagen.jpg
    UberWagen.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 182

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
I just put a set of gifted studded Nokian Hakkapeliittas on the 2017 ÜberWagen S 4motion mounted on highly sought after Passat rims. Looking forward to some fun in the snow.

Love the look

I have to say btw, the V-rated Blizzak's blow her old tires away, just when it's close to 60, it gets noisy

Still, wouldn't have it any other way

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
A week after I should have. The Hankooks suck in the snow. With traction control off, from a roll in 1st in freezing temps, my Winter Sottozeros spin less than the Handcocks do in the summer. Anybody want a set of stock tires with 6K miles on them, cheap?