GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fidgety starting R

Gottraction

Passed Driver's Ed
Not how i wanted my first post to go! I purchased a 15 Golf R recently and Im already having some of the no start fob/start/ stop button issues. They key is always around the front seat/console area and i have to move it around pretty close to the column to make it work eventually. I'm waiting to get into a dealer to see if my extended warranty will cover it or not. Searching through the forum I found and ordered the switch today on Ebay. My question is can the actual fob recognizing module go bad thats in the steering column?

Gottraction

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't see any error messages on the cluster. Just the steering wheel and the brake pedal indicator. So the only other thing most likely is the button? Would the Module in the steering column say key fob not found it that actually went bad itself and not the on/off switch?

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Sounds weird, but your actual car battery might be on its way out. Before my car battery completely died on me, this started happening. Inconsistent start ups with the button.

Gottraction

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm I'll have to check the voltage. Thanks guys I'll update when the part comes in. Mods I just realized I posted this in the wrong spot. Feel free to move